Nice Horsey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Horsey!

Well, I'm experimenting with animals again...not my specialty but I figure if I practice enough maybe I'll get the hang of it.

This was taken a long time ago when we were visiting my inlaws in the boonies in Colorado in the middle of winter. Being the city girl I had no idea that horses develop a "winter coat" that is longer and thicker so I have learned something new!

Comments or suggestions are appreciated...just as long as it isn't, burn it!Cowboy

Re: Nice Horsey!

Nice job Nedra, you've captured the shaggy effect of the winter coat quite well. Not an easy task.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks Bob, it was a challenge especially since my expertise is portraits of people not animals. I'm working on that though! If nothing else I've learned something about horses. I guess it would have been easier if I had some one without all that fur!!!

Comment

That ain't fur....this is fur!!! Smile

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Now wait just one minute! That sure is a lot of snow, but try brushing out these fur balls every week!

Actually this is my next "animal" project. I started it last week, may be done by next year! Cool

I'm working on another one in between so I won't get too frustrated!

Comment

Ahhh....there's a challenge for you, Shelties! Beautiful dogs, and they take a lot of brushing! They wouldn't last up here in the snow drifts though, they'd get buried in the stuff. Huskies love the stuff, she drags me out to "enjoy" every blizzard that comes our way......notice .....I'm at the other end of that leash! Either a storm or standing out looking at the moon at -25C at 02:30 in the morning! Huskies have a great sense of humor.....but terrible sense of timing.

Bob

Comment

Thumbs Up Nedra I love your winter horse and the warmth of the sepia tones really add to the subject. I also love the work you did on the fence.
              Kathy

Comment

Originally posted by squbrigg
                That ain't fur....this is fur!!! Smile

Bob
                Burrrr Bob, poor Kira looks like she would rather be in the house by a warm fire place.
                Yelp that's fur all right.

Cute doggie's Nedra will look forward to seeing their portrait.

Kathy

Comment

Bob, you are right and Huskies are great dogs. We had a Huskie mix that we fostered and she was the same way. They sure do love that snow! Brushing these guys is a challenge for sure but they're worth it. Now as for the burning, talk about a challenge!

Kathie, the fence was the easy part. I have a picture frame made from barn wood and I just planted it in front of me as a guide. Once I put the final seal of approval on it I will put the finish on and put it in the frame. I'll repost it with the frame when it's complete.

Comment

Kewel and well done. Coming to expect nothing less from you. I like it.

Comment

Nedra, You mean that's not a photograph! TOM H
                      http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

Nedra,
                        Being a lonnng time horse person I can tell you that it is excellent!!!!!

Comment

Kenny thank you for the wonderful compliment. I still consider myself a novice (well maybe just a little better than that) when it comes to animals but I'm working on it.

Tom, noper it's the real deal!

Nancy, being a city slicker I really appreciate hearing that from a true horse person. I definately learned something that I didn't know...horses get a winter coat. Next horse is going to have it's summer do! Head Bange

Nedra

Comment

I did some touching up here and there. Here's the finished burning in the barn wood frame!

Comment

Excellent burning!! I like your blending of the darks and lights of the winter coat.... plus the good anatomy.

What kind of wood was used??

Jax
                              WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Working...
                              X