• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Horsey!

Very nice indeed, I agree with everyone else

Comment

Jax, thanks for the comments. I used Italian poplar plywood. It's a nice cream colored wood with fine grain making it easy to burn. It's what I use any time I want to do something that is going in a frame. I prefer it over Birch plywood which is harder and has more grain to deal with.
      NedraJester

Comment

Not your specialty? wow that is one amazing piece!!!!

Comment

Thanks Gilly. Animals really aren't my specialty basically because I haven't done enough of them to gain "expertise" in doing them. I have spent the last sevearl years mastering the human face and florals so I consider that my area of expertise. I am, however now working on correcting that problem. My next project is a burning of my shelties which is definately going to give me some practice with fur and lots of it. Talking

I tell you if you want to see spectacular animals you should really see Linda Eaves work. Her animals are so lifelike and natural you can't tell that they are burnings. She can make a wolf look like it's jumping off the wood. Best animals I have EVER seen in pyrography! Now she DOES specialize in animals and it shows.

Now mind you I'm not saying my horse isn't good, just that it's not my "thing"....
          Everybody has something they are great at and other things they do ok.

I am going to enter it along with my golden eagle in two upcoming shows but since I have to enter at the expert level I'm not expecting a ribbon from the horse. Unfortunately at the expert level they don't critique the work but I want to talk to the judges after they finish and get some input. I'm primarily entering because the clubs sponsoring the shows need the money and their entries are all down this year and they are begging for entries. Hammer

Nedra

Comment

That Is Awesome!

Comment

You did a terrific job on the horse Nedra! Talking
              "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Wow, thanks everyone. I honestly wasn't expecting such glowing comments. Perhaps maybe I'll do more animals now!!!!Cool

I hope the judges agree with all your comments. I'm going to a show this weekend and going to enter it. Mostly I'm entering because the club sponsoring the show is hurting for entries as are most clubs around here.

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                X