• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolves on Birch Plywood

Just Thought I'd share a few of My wolves, I've burnt on Birch Plywood

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2d5846b6.jpg

Hope you like them, Merry Christmas

Re: Wolves on Birch Plywood

Very nice all of them. You have a Good touch with Burning Pen, enjoyed seeing them. Merle

Comment

That is some nice works. Keep up the nice stuff. I like the way the 3rd one is taking shape. Thanks for showing.
      Carve On,
      Kadiddle

Comment

Yes I like them.............excellent my friend......incidently is that a Burnmaster
        Pen.....please can you let me know Kind Regards Mike

Comment

I use the BurnMaster Pen and I just love it with my Red Hot NibsBurner unit. I'm thinking of buying a Best Of Show unit for more power. The Red Hot seems to shut off and on (thermostat ?). and it is getting to a point where it is annoying by increasing the time it takes to finish my pieces.
          http://www.woodburnerscatalog.com/v/...cat%202012.pdf

Comment

Very nice.

Comment

So did you ever finish the partial done guy? it had a great start.

Nice work and Merry Christmas to you as well!

Comment

They are all well done.
                You have mastered some techniques that need to work on.
                The grass and fallen tree are awesome.
                The open mouth wolf looks to be the most impressive. Would love to see it finished.

Comment

Originally posted by WhittleBurner View Post
                  So did you ever finish the partial done guy? it had a great start.

Nice work and Merry Christmas to you as well!
                  Yes here is the Angry wolf
                  http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...ps12b39867.jpg
                  I also left out this one
                  http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7b1d360b.jpg
                  If I had a favorite it would be the wolf pup, but this one is dear to me to:
                  http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/...g?t=1387735160

Comment

You do beautiful work, like them all.

Comment

The 3 from the last posting are wonderful there is something magical about a wolf.............photobucket amazing textures

Kind regards Mike The Netherlands

Comment

The Angry wolf came out great!! You really captured him. In the pic of the partial one you had the picture up on the computer, are you free handing those or did you use a pattern?

Comment

Originally posted by WhittleBurner View Post
                          The Angry wolf came out great!! You really captured him. In the pic of the partial one you had the picture up on the computer, are you free handing those or did you use a pattern?
                          I create a black and white drawing of the pictures. with a free program called Paint . Net to create a pattern from the Pictures. And use graphite paper for subject placement only I usually lightly dot the outline or break areas,and then freehand. I started with a full pattern with the Sue Walters Wolf but went back to freehand to give it my own touch. I found the original photo of the wolf that she used to make her pattern. and tried to make it more lifelike. all of these pictures take a lot of time, the hair is burned one at a time to give the fur the look of realism, the hardest thing I find to do is blurr the fur for depth of the entire subject, such as clear crisp fur on the formost parts and blurrey fur for the furthest away parts.

Comment

Have you tried shading those parts dark before you burn the fur? that allows the texture to remain. Shading after kind of washes out the textured fur you just put on.
                            I don't see anything wrong with the way you did that angry wolf.

I tend to not refer back to my pattern once it's transferred on the board, Keeps my mind working and also gives the burn my own touch. You can put 10 of us in a room and get 10 different versions of the same picture.

Comment

I thought I would add this closeup of the "Angry Wolf" so you could see more of the detail. I use a magnifying light, (my eyes arn't what they use to be) to do the very fine detail work.
                              100_1454_zpsd76ad36d.jpg Photo by Beshires1 | Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X