Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: usefull burner features from users

Originally posted by AlArchie
    Dave, check the contacts onthe OTHER end of your burner cord. Are they clean? also check to see if there are any of the wire strands broken at both ends of the burner cord. The inside of the tip insertion points could also be a bit corroded. Just a few thoughts.......ouch.....I hate that!

Al
    Haven't checked the contacts on the cords? hadn't even given it a thought! Guess not being used much wouldn't have much of an impact on corrosion....hummmm.....thanks!
    "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Hi Ho..
      i have already noticed my burner tip needing more heat ive did several small projects at first #3 setting was enough to get a dark line if pulled slow or at drawing speed. now to obtain the speed of drawing it has to be kicked up to 6.. the dial limits out at 10 i never turned it that high, but 7 will cherry out the tip...
      i didnt check connections, i was getting tired before i quit and put it away..

but i know once you start oxidation on metal it increases with time. like with the soldering pencil. you can clean it up put it away and in 6 months it looks like you didnt clean it. or the grimmlens use it while your not looking.

i need to learn how to make tips i hear they are relatively easy if you have the right necrachrome wire. but thats all i know.,
      all i got was the med spearpoint. and at $17.00 each it will be my only for a while

---
      Bailey,
      i thought you just bought a optima2 ??
      ---
      [email protected] heart..
      i dont know if your ready to toss out $250.00 on a pyrostation with a motor tool yet if your just begining... unless you have a special need...
      a new carver has so many things needed to get started, books patterns, materials, tools, safety items ect..... but if you have the means.. go for it.

Comment

17.00 each tip! thats why I bought from Dennis Moor and got the razortip, they don't kill you on buying the tips! I got 6 tips from Dennis at the time for 18.00Jester

Comment

the tips for this optima are one piece welded hand piece and all. heavy duty.. thought it was best becuse of me being heavy handed to get the heavy duty...

somebody the other day was talking to me about making their own handpieces & tips.,,, but becuse i slept since then i cant remember who it was for the life of me. ?????????

Comment

Thomp,

I've been using a Detail Master for several years and haven't had any real issues with it.

But, on the other hand, I was impressed with Cam's response to the issues that were brought up earlier in this thread and thought that I would give his product a try.

As with his response, I'm impressed with his product too.

Comment

Dave,
              It sounds to me like you are having problems with our older-style #ITH interchangeable-tip pen. What you describe is caused by loss of contact between the pen and the tip, and it was a fairly common problem with ITH pens. Cleaning the tip ends an then the inside of the brass tubes with a small welding-torch tip cleaning tool (they are fairly inexpensive and available from welding supply shops) is one option, but it doesn't always solve the problem. If the inside of the brass posts is too pitted it can't ever be made dependable without welding in a tip. My recommendation is to send us the ITH pen and one of your favorite tips and we will laser-weld the tip in at no charge. If you want us to supply a new tip we charge only $5.00 including return shipping for this service. This will solve the problem with the ITH pen. If you like using an interchangeable-tip pen, I highly recommend purchasing a new #BPH pen (the ITH is discontinued). It uses small stainless screws to hold the tip in place. It is very dependable, cooler on the fingers than any other pen, and should last nearly forever. It can be easily cleaned if necessary, and will accept a variety of tip wire sizes, including our standard 20 gauge, HD 18 gauge, and light 22 gauge wire. All of your existing tips will work in the BPH, however, they will require a slight bend to widen them so they fit into the screw slots. The BPH also has the ability to accept 2 tips at once so you can burn parallel lines etc. Nedra's advice to call us is excellent advice; we have a toll-free number (877-729-3787) and we want to make sure our products are working for you. I also appreciate the opportunity to respond to these posts so that other users can be aware of options if they have questions, concerns or problems. Happy burning!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                I'm a new carver and am also in the market for a burner. I was advised by an experienced carver to get a Burnmaster with the high speed grinder and to buy detailmaster pens. I'd really appreciate any opinions. Thanks!
                Hermit, my hubby is the carver in the family and I am the woodburner. We sell both Burnmaster and Razertip and I highly recommend the Razertip pens rather than the Detailmaster pens. Of course this is based on my personal experience with both pens. Your friend may be an experienced carver but I am an experienced woodburner that uses my woodburner and pens up to 8 hrs a day. I'm very pleased with the way they work on both burners. The Mastercarver (Burnmaster) grider/burner combo unit an outstanding product and you will be very happy with it. We tested it out and hubby loved it in comparison with his Foredom and Dremel for speed, ease of use and price.

Nedra

Comment

Originally posted by Razertip
                  Dave,
                  It sounds to me like you are having problems with our older-style #ITH interchangeable-tip pen. What you describe is caused by loss of contact between the pen and the tip, and it was a fairly common problem with ITH pens. Cleaning the tip ends an then the inside of the brass tubes with a small welding-torch tip cleaning tool (they are fairly inexpensive and available from welding supply shops) is one option, but it doesn't always solve the problem. If the inside of the brass posts is too pitted it can't ever be made dependable without welding in a tip. My recommendation is to send us the ITH pen and one of your favorite tips and we will laser-weld the tip in at no charge. If you want us to supply a new tip we charge only $5.00 including return shipping for this service. This will solve the problem with the ITH pen. If you like using an interchangeable-tip pen, I highly recommend purchasing a new #BPH pen (the ITH is discontinued). It uses small stainless screws to hold the tip in place. It is very dependable, cooler on the fingers than any other pen, and should last nearly forever. It can be easily cleaned if necessary, and will accept a variety of tip wire sizes, including our standard 20 gauge, HD 18 gauge, and light 22 gauge wire. All of your existing tips will work in the BPH, however, they will require a slight bend to widen them so they fit into the screw slots. The BPH also has the ability to accept 2 tips at once so you can burn parallel lines etc. Nedra's advice to call us is excellent advice; we have a toll-free number (877-729-3787) and we want to make sure our products are working for you. I also appreciate the opportunity to respond to these posts so that other users can be aware of options if they have questions, concerns or problems. Happy burning!

that could be the problem as this is an older unit, I bought it I think about 4 years ago.

Comment

if i own a fordom or fordom like power flex shaft power carver, and i own the dremel 110 and battery powered unit, dose the motor tool offered with the complete pyrographic station offer any further capabilitys other than conviencious and less clutter on the desk,

can they be used as heavily as a fordum or as delicate as the battery operated dremel??

are you more limited by bit choice?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomp
                      if i own a fordom or fordom like power flex shaft power carver, and i own the dremel 110 and battery powered unit, dose the motor tool offered with the complete pyrographic station offer any further capabilitys other than conviencious and less clutter on the desk,

can they be used as heavily as a fordum or as delicate as the battery operated dremel??

are you more limited by bit choice?
                      I'll try to answer all three of your questions as best I can

1. dose the motor tool offered with the complete pyrographic station offer any further capabilitys other than conviencious and less clutter on the desk...
                      The speed of the combo unit is much higher whic provides a whole new dimension in carving which the Foredom and Dremel don't have. The ease of bit replacement is also superior to both. But, you are missing the point as to what makes this unit so much better...it's not just less clutter but it is providing you with two great woodcarving tools in 1 station. They are the exact same woodburner and power carver that you can buy separately but combined into one power station.

2. can they be used as heavily as a fordum or as delicate as the battery operated dremel??....I'm not sure I understand the first part of this as to how heavily you can use it. As far as the delicate work it would be much easier with the higher speed of the unit. The grinder unit is identical to the individual grinders sold by Mastercarver so it will have the same capabilities so I suspect that should answer your question as to how "heavily" you can use it.

3. are you more limited by bit choice? ....You can use any 1/8 or 3/32" bits. None of the combo units (Optima, Colwood, etc) accomodate the 1/4" bits. Since the Mastercarver combo unit has higher speeds than all the other combo units it would not be advisable to be using 1/4" bits at such high speeds anyway.

I hope that answers your questions.

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                      X