Look Forward to your Comments Critic Help and Or Advice

kind Regards Mike [ Formerly Winterkoning ] Trek

Re: A Few Projects on Paper

Latest Project Finished today

Look forward to your.... comments.... Critic.... Help or/ and Advice

Kind Regards Mike [ Formerly Winterkoning ] Trek

Comment

Nice job. I like the depth of color using colored pencils. I've done a few burnings on paper, but haven't tried to add color yet - thanks for the idea.

Comment

Beautiful work.

Comment

I want to vote for the squirrel. Just like the live one outside my study window.

Trek: is there a particular paper quality which would be best for a beginner?
          Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by carver33 View Post
            Nice job. I like the depth of color using colored pencils. I've done a few burnings on paper, but haven't tried to add color yet - thanks for the idea.
            Hallo Bill
            Thanks for your kind comments very much appreciated...........Glad to help with the Colour Idea Bill Good Luck

Kind Regards MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by kj.edge72 View Post
              Beautiful work.
              Hallo Ken
              Pleased that you enjoy them.......thanks for the kind comments Kind Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                I want to vote for the squirrel. Just like the live one outside my study window.

Trek: is there a particular paper quality which would be best for a beginner?

Hallo R.V
                Pleased that you enjoyed the Squirrel....to be honest this my third attempt at Animals really out of my comfort zone but its the only way to learn and gain experience

In respect of Paper I use Acrylic Art Paper 130lb Cold Press but recently Ive found in my local art store here in Uden Noord Brabant.....a Canson Paper
                its not expensive about Euro 6.75 so about....5/6 dollars!!
                CANSON A4 300g/m2 140 lbs 30 sheets Grain Moyen Medium Texture
                I use the reverse side because it smooth the Front side is textured as stated

Any good art supply store will help you ....it has to be 130/ 140 lbs 300g/m2
                if its not Cold Pressed then look for 140 lbs.
                Hope thats a help Kind Regards Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike. My preference for water color painting has always been d'Arches (France) CP 140lb. Stretched, it has been most forgiving.

Canson papers are really nice for wood block printing.
                  BUT
                  I did buy some which had some tub mold screen pattern that really looks poor.

There's a fellow in our village who has recently bought some pyrographic equipment (I have not seen it yet). I would like to give him some paper to experiment with, he's using wood at present.
                  Brian T

Comment

Very nice, Trek. I particularly like the squirrel and the mouse, and your birch (?) trees are excellent!
                    Arthur

Comment

Beautiful work. Makes we want to try burning on paper...

Comment

Originally posted by Robson Valley View Post
                        Thanks Mike. My preference for water color painting has always been d'Arches (France) CP 140lb. Stretched, it has been most forgiving.

Canson papers are really nice for wood block printing.
                        BUT
                        I did buy some which had some tub mold screen pattern that really looks poor.

There's a fellow in our village who has recently bought some pyrographic equipment (I have not seen it yet). I would like to give him some paper to experiment with, he's using wood at present.
                        Hi RV
                        I think that the Arches CP 140lbs with be fine for your friend give him a few sheets to try!! Why not...........Kind Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
                          Very nice, Trek. I particularly like the squirrel and the mouse, and your birch (?) trees are excellent!
                          Hallo Arthur

Pleased that you found them interesting thanks for the comments.....so kind

Kind Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by EarlE View Post
                            Beautiful work. Makes we want to try burning on paper...
                            Hi Earl

Why not try it.............It takes a higher temp than wood....if you make a mistake its not so expensive you can replace it quickly with your art pad and start again...with wood once burned its very difficult to remove

Spray the Paper first with a mist spray to soften the fibres in the paper!!

Have a go Earl........any good art store will advise.....but 130/140 lbs
                            Cold Pressed will be ok.....There are different textures Rough...Not Rcommended Medium ....OK I use the reverse side of my Canson because its smooth

But experiment with a sheet or two first you can buy them loose I believe
                            Hopethat helps Earl lots of Success go for it.............Kind Regards Mike

Comment

Mike, very nice work ! I see you are starting to beat you nemesis...shading. Those all look good.
                              Am I reading into this, that you are favoring burning on paper ??

The only critique I have is on the squirrel, which is really well done by the way. Would be to add a slight bit of darker hairs in the shadows to give a little depth and definition at the underside of the arms and tail and under the jawline.

Keep burning on!

Comment

Working...
                              X