replied
    Re: Favorite Tool or Technique

That is awesome. it looks just like the picture

Leave a comment:

• Smallsy
    replied

Hello Bob,
    I have been practicing Pyrography now for a couple months. I have a Colwood Detailer and my favorite tip this far would be the "MR". This tip is very versatile, it allows you to make fine lines, and the rounded Heel makes shading a breeze without fear of the heel digging into the wood. Here is my latest piece I finished which was accomplished with a setting of 4-5 and 90% of the detail with the "MR" tip. I would love to get some feedback on my piece if you have the time.
    Thanks again and Happy Burning!
    Matthew Small

Leave a comment:

• carver33
    replied

I do most of my work with the Colwood small ball tip - it's great for "scribble" shading, some outlining and stippling.

My favorite technique is the scribble shading - you can get a nice, uniform shade, and build up smooth transition shading by going over areas with multiple passes.

Leave a comment:

• Rezbar
    replied

My Razertip HD#5MP Spear Shader. It's the tool I do most of my work. Dino a.k.a. Rezbar.

Leave a comment:

• Sharon of the Dell
    replied

Hi Ho or anyone that may be interested, here's a review I did a while back about it-
    http://www.woodcarvingillustrated.co...gulator-53234/

Leave a comment:

• Hi_Ho_Sliver
    replied

Wall lenk? sounds like a good idea!

Leave a comment:

• Sharon of the Dell
    replied

I haven't gotten to use it much, but I really, really like the Wall Lenk temperature regulator I can plug my cheap little wood burning pen into. I can get really light shades instead of burning the wood to much.
    It's a really good addition to my expensive wood burner.

Leave a comment:

• Whimsy_Carver
    replied

Bob, I use an Optima 1 burning unit with primarily 6 or so nibs. I have been using the Optima for about 20 years and have had no problems. I am a carver so for many years it was used for adding details to some of my carvingsā€¦and signing them. Then a few years ago the wife bought me a small lathe and I started turning bowls, platters and many small lidded boxes. To add embellishments to the turnings I started burning them with various designs. A couple of years ago I was in a local hobby store and they had these lapboards with nice clean wood. I burned a Zentangle design on one and by chance put it in a local show where it sold immediately. Well, I was hooked and have been doing Zentangle designs on many turnings and two-dimensional rounds and squares. Attached are a few examples of some of the many fun pieces I have done.

Leave a comment:

• Tom Ellis
    replied

Bob, I definitely like a soldered tip pen, with about a 3/16" saber tip. The replaceable tips tend to create a little more heat in the handle, when the connection starts to get loose.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Tom

Leave a comment:

• BobD
    started a topic Favorite Tool or Technique

Favorite Tool or Technique

What is one tool or technique you cannot live without. And no fair saying your woodburner unit... that's assumed. But if there is a tip or pen, or other tool you can't live without, let us know what it is and why, and your submission may appear in the upcoming issue of Pyrography. Please private message us with your full name and mailing address so we can give you proper credit in the magazine). And this can be a technique too... if you stipple all the time, tell us that and tell us why!!!

Bob
Working...
X