What brand Wood burner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand Wood burner

What brand and model wood burner do you use for detailing for wood carving?

Re: What brand Wood burner

I have the Colwood Detailer and use the pens with interchangeable tips. Works fine for all I do, and I primarily use just a writing tip and a small skew tip.
    'If it wasn't for caffeine, I wouldn't have any personality at all!"

http://mikepounders.weebly.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mike-...61450667252958
    http://centralarkansaswoodcarvers.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have the same as mike. I do birds now, so that has me using a micro-skew a lot. What tips depends on what you carve and how you finish. I imagine all the major brands are pretty good....you might just go by price like I did.

Comment

The guys in the diamond willow furniture shop replaced all their pyrographic gear with a RazerTip 2-channel rig with all the different tips. They liked it so much that they bought a second complete set! Lots of bone and antler carving application.
        Brian T

Comment

I use the Colwood,too. I have the SuperPro II. However, I prefer the fixed tip pens.Probably just because that is what I started with and what I am comfortable with.

Jim

Comment

I'm with Robson Valley. I bought a Razor Tip , but elected to go with the single outlet model. All I can say is if something happened to this one , I'd have another in the mail before the sun set............
            Wayne
            If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

I'm using a Colwood Detailer. Works great, very smooth temp. Control.

Comment

Razor Tip D10, Colwood Cub. Both with their own brand of fixed tip pens.
                Carve On,
                Kadiddle

Comment

I recently took a class and the teacher really liked the Colwood and had a favorite tip she adapated to her use. They were out of the Colwoods at the Rendezvous where I took the class so bought a Nibsburner with an adapter so I could use a Colwood pen and tips. Best of two worlds. Happy so far but it is another thing on a long list I want to do more of...even retired I just can't find the time for all my projects.

Comment

As has been stated a lot depends on what you want to do with it. I bought the Colwood detailer and I really like it for most use especially the pens are very comfortable to me. I wanted to try the branding that I saw Molly Winton do at a demo and found that she was right that the Colwood heat recovery was slow for that application and you have to wait for it to reheat between each application. I got a Burnmaster and that solved the problem. The pens on the two units are interchangeable so that worked out well for me, now my wife and I can burn at the same time unless we both want to use the same tip at the same time.

Comment

I have the Colwood Superpro II and I love it. I got it from the folks below. It was the best price and service I found.

Cascade Carvers Supply - Cascade Carver's Supply

Mark

Comment

Colwood Detailer. I even bought one for my dad to use. He likes to do pyrography but I just use mine for carving detail.

Comment

I use a Colwood Detailer. I bought it because of a good kit price, use it for both carving detailing and pyrography and have not been disappointed. That being said, you can't go wrong with either Colwood or Razortip. Of course, you'll get more bells and whistles with their higher end models.

Comment

I have the Colwood Detailer and used the fixed tip pens (just own personal preference). I got the best price at Greg Dorrance (think it was about $63 for the unit).

Comment

I got the Nibsburner "Blue Ribbon" unit with fixed tips and have been very happy with it. It does everything I've asked it to do. My girlfriend fell in love with it and got the Nibsburner "Gourd" unit with both fixed and replaceable tips. We're both satisfied with our purchases and I would recommend Nibsburner to anyone looking for a good burner

Comment

Working...
                              X