Autumn Mallards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autumn Mallards

My first day off in a while so I thought I would play with my burning kit.

12" x 12" 1/4" birch plywood

Susan

Re: Autumn Mallards

Absolutely beautiful Susan

Comment

Thumbs Up Wowzer Susan! I love it!!!
      The overall composition is right on and the foreground mallard rising out of the water it brilliant. The reflection and droplets landing back into the water is perfect. Great to see this is a pattern right? Someone will want this one forsure...hummmm This would make a terrific relief too.
      Great to see you back sharing your work with us. Glad you have some time to visit more often...you have been missed girl.
      Kathy

Comment

Susan, that is just awesome! So much detail, it looks like an old 1890's snap shot.

I wish I could inject some of your talent, artistic eye and skill into my own work! But until I can arrange for a transfusion....I'll keep practicing. Well done.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

That is a great woodburning. I love it!

Comment

Susan,
            Ditto! Every word everybody said! Especially about missing you! I think I've read (and hung on) every word you've written on here since the day I found this Forum! When I find a good teacher I listen!
            Wade

Comment

Beautiful! You did that in one day??? Wow

Comment

Susan wonderful piece. I echo Nancy one day wow that would have taken me one year.
                Colin
                Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
                Jackson, MS

Comment

Thanks for posting! As usual, your scenes alwaysmake me want to be "there"... always a nice effect that very good art has on me.
                  Dave Brock

Comment

Me thinks it is Beautifully done. My hat is off to you!

Comment

WOW! Susan, You gotta be usin smoke and mirrors! Tom H
                      http://beginnerscarvingcorner.blogspot.com/

Comment

You call that playing Susan. I'd like to see what would happen if you got serious! Great Job wish I could play that good.

Comment

Hey Ron ... Yes, that one was play. I have done so many barns and mallard combinations during my time that any more it's sort of "burned into my brain".

Now, this one was work. It was almost more than I could chew up and spit out ... in fact it might cost me a trip to my dentist because of teeth gritting, and that's no bull.

Thanks, everyone, for the very nice words and warm welcome back.

Susan

Comment

Susan, I know you have been at these for a while, and I really don't feel quallified to comment on any of the works by you or any of the other fine artists here, but you seem to have refined this pyrography to a very fine process! It is surprising to me that you can get the suggestion of colors and shades from just the use of browns and blacks.....for instance, how you "burn" the WHITE into the facial fur and eyelashes of that bovine beauty! The subtleties you have worked into the animal is truly astounding. I really had to look very hard to see the fine definitions that made the contrasting details stand out so realistically.

Al

Comment

Thumbs Up Susan, your work on the bull is excellent. You really do have a wonderful sense of how much heat to use and working in the negative and postive spaces really help to discribe the eye lashes beautifully. Excellent Work!
                              Talking Oh, not only would I have needed a trip to the dentist, but also I would have needed oxygen. As I tend to hold my breath when painting or woodburning.
                              Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X