Christmas Boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Boxes

Don't know the kind of wood, the size is 8.25x5.25x3.50". The Wife bought them for me to something for the Little Guys. They are the Great Grand Sons, ages 1 1/2 yrs., 3 yrs., and 4 1/2 yrs., and a new one at 1 1/2 Months, he will get his next year. We will fill them with small Cookies that they like, something to give them a Sugar rush for when they get Home. Ha,Ha. Merle

Re: Christmas Boxes

Nice!
    Hazel Strickland
    AKA Dixie Whittler

Comment

Sugar rushes are good Merle, and so are those cool boxes. You might carve them a duck egg to go in there too.

You're a good grampa, Tom
      If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Sugar rushes are good, Merle,. but the boxes are super...great idea, and really well done. I bet they'll love 'em.

Al

Comment

Hi Hazel, thank you for commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Tom, It doesn't take much to wind them up and the Sugar kinda makes it last a little longer. It seems that the Aunt, Grandmother, and Great Grandmother have decided that the New Kid on the Block has Qualified for a box this year, so tomorrow I will be doing 1 more Box, I enjoy doing it. Who knows maybe next year I'll need to make another one. Ha,Ha. Thanks Tom for your nice words. Merle

Comment

Hi Al, At their Ages I think they will enjoy the Cookies more but in years to come they will enjoy them more. Doing the Boxes got me away from Carving and back to Woodburning which I enjoy doing also, and then back to Carving, I have 3 Santas to do for Christmas, this time of year is Great. Thanks Al for taking time to comment. Merle

Comment

Nice work, Merle! That pyro is beautiful.

Claude
                My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/
                My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/
                My Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/claudeswoodcarving/
                My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Thanks Claude, the Design is from Susan Irish, she makes it seem easy. Merle

Comment

Very nice burning! I'm sure that the boxes will be treasured. I wonder what they will store in them after the goodies are gone.

Comment

Very nice detail work here Merle.

Comment

Hi Debbie, their Mother will find something to store in them, they won't be used for Toys that's for sure. Thanks for your interest. Merle

Comment

Hi Robert, glad you like my effort Woodburning. Thanks for commenting. Merle

Comment

Hey those are great Merle. The boxes are usually made of basswood.
                            ~ Dwight
                            "Hello, I am the Friggin' Happiness Fairy and I just sprinkled happy dust on you, so smile damit' this crap is expensive."

Comment

Hi Dwight, I thought that they might be Basswood but wasn't sure, thanks for telling me. the wife is picking up another one now for the new Kid on the Block. He will be 3 months old on Christmas. Thanks for your interest. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X