Easter Treasure Chest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easter Treasure Chest

Burned this little box for my Granddaughter for Easter, and we'll fill it with those little Gold Covered Chocolate Coins. Used your tips on adding colour, using coloured pencils. Just have to spray seal it with Krylon. It turned out cute, I think she'll like it.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: Easter Treasure Chest

Bob,
    She'll like it! She'll love it!! For the rest of her long and pleasant life! And she'll think of you very fondly every time she sees it!
    Very nice!
    Wade

Comment

Bob, Beautiful work! That wonderful box will be kept forever so I hope you signed and dated it. That way, one day, when her children or grandchildren find it they will know it was made with love by you.

Susan

Congrads on the great magazine article ...

Comment

Thumbs Up Bob, CONGRATULATIONS!
        Wonderful Easter treasure box what a lucky little girl. Agree with Susan this is an generational gift.
        Kathy

Comment

That is a striking use of color's which I'm positive will appeal to any child. Job well done!
          Dave Brock

Comment

Wonderful job Bob those special carvings are the best to do because you know where they are going and who they are for. She will love it my friend.
            Colin
            Jim - The Doing is as much fun as the Viewing!
            Jackson, MS

Comment

Bob,

I have come back into the forum several times just to look at your treasure box. This morning I 'remembered' why your box has so touched me. With your permission I would like to share a small story.

When I was about 11 or 12 my Dad set up a table in our rec room. During the evenings he would carve, he called it chip carving. Although my Dad did a lot of woodworking I think this is my first memory of his carving.

He worked forever on that board making wonderful square designs out of triangles. One board done he brought out a new board, then another and then the fourth.

Those done he brought out a large board. In the center of that one he chip carved two fighting roosters with a border of his square motifs. I think we watched him work for several weeks on this project.

Once the boards were all cut they disappeared into his work area in the basement and nothing more was done or said about them.

A couple of weeks later was Christmas morning. The tree had all sorts of presents but on the dining room table was this huge pine chip carved hope chest ... with a pair of fighting roosters in the center of the lid. There was a key in the chest lock with a big red bow and a tag ... "For Susie". And the box was full of chocolate coins!!!!!

I believe today that my hope chest is special to me because I got to watch how hard my Dad worked to create it for me.

Your present for your granddaughter reminds me of my most treasured possession, that hope chest my Dad made for me. Your treasure box has touched my heart as much as my Dad's hope chest as it has given me that memory this week.

Thank you! I know your granddaughter will have the same deep feelings in the years to come about her box as I do about mine.

Susan

Comment

Bob, your box is lovely and I just know she's going to love it...especially because you made it!

Nedra

Comment

OUTSTANDING Bob, She will love it and Cherish it forever.
                  Jolly good show Mate!

Comment

Bob, that is a wonderful box, your Granddaughter will cherish it always. Just like Susan does her's, thanks for sharing your memories with us Susan and your beautiful gift with us Bob! Deborah

Comment

She liked it, she liked it! Of course with that much gold filled chocolate in it, she'd like anything!!!

Bob
                      Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Working...
                      X