X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hstrick46
    replied
    Re: Patterns again

That\'s really cool!, Denny! Isn\'t today\'s technology wonderful? I\'ve got to try this!

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

Denny, Thanks for the info, might have to update my phone
    . . . JoeB

Leave a comment:

• Joyce2011
    replied

Denny - thank you for your suggestions. Claude - thank you for reminding me of the Susan Irish site. They have got me moving in the right direction.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied

Susan Irish has the CarvingPatterns.com web site that has lots of pyrographic patterns.

http://www.carvingpatterns.com

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzb7aCCdum4
    above is a youtube link showing the same kind of app under a different name, and for the iphone.. but the end results and method are the same as for the android phone using trace and draw.

Leave a comment:

• drhandrich
    replied

I have an app for android named trace and draw. got it from the play store via the android. works quite well. a take a photo with the cellphone camera, have it in the gallery. then open up trace and draw , touch the 3-dot menu thingy and select, choose a photo. I touch the photo I intend to use and it is superimposes on the screen, you can see though it. hold it above your drawing paper or art piece and you can see your hand and pencil through the photo. trace the outline and highlights easily enough. I made a simple scaffold out of a cardboard box to elevate the phone , that then is stable and does not move. I look through the phone screen and see the paper and pencil below while tracing.
    works great , have used it several times. there might be a youtube video of it. trace and draw.

Leave a comment:

• Joyce2011
    started a topic Patterns again

Patterns again

I took my first pyrography class Sat and loved it. Now I want to make line drawings/patters from photos and cannot remember the various sites that you can use. I know this has been discussed, but I cannot find the right topic. Please retell your information. Thanks. Joyce
Working...
X