beginner and which machine UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner and which machine UK

Hey guys I am wanting to get into Pyrography but the only place I have seen the machines is axeminster and ebay

in axminster they have 2 machines
    Antex Fire Writer Pyrography Kit £160
    Axminster Variable Output Pyrography Station £94

on ebay
    I have seen the peter child model

I want to do this as a hobby and to make gifts and such for the family. but I don\'t want to buy a cheap £30 machine which will leave me disheartened I would rather buy a proper machine which my skills can grow from knowing little to hopefully being able to draw something

Re: beginner and which machine UK

There\'s a Canadian-made unit which allows for 2 pens to be plugged in but power to one at a time. Great range of tips (and repairs, too).
    The rustic furniture shop down my street has two _complete_ units with 4 pens and all possible tips. They never complain, sometimes burning all day long.

Razr-Tip.
    Brian T

Comment

There\\\\\\\'s a Canadian-made unit which allows for 2 pens to be plugged in but power to one at a time. Great range of tips (and repairs, too).
      The rustic furniture shop down my street has two _complete_ units with 4 pens and all possible tips. They never complain, sometimes burning all day long.

www.Razertip.com

Sorry if double post, trying to edit company name upscrew.
      Brian T

Comment

Mburner, It looks to me that either machine would do the job. The pens look a little more bulky than what I use, but they might work ok for you. You need to be aware of your electrical voltage too. The US machines are designed for 110V

Keep us posted on your progress. Tom
        If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Good point. The Canadian Razertip is 117VAC as well. Does not look like they have a 240VAC model. I read that the pen is running 10 amps at the hottest. Voltage unknown.
          The voltage differences across the Atlantic should make stepdown transformers easy to find but I can only imagine that the Razertip will need a big one for the amps. And. . . . just one more chunk of kit to mess with.
          Brian T

Comment

Working...
          X