Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions please.

Hey folks,

I was asked by a local lady to do a burning of the "Bluenose" for a wedding gift for a friend/family member of hers in Ontario (mainlanders) and I want to get it right. I would ask for suggestions as to how I might improve the scene.....Susan I'd appreciate your advice, as I would yours too Nedra.

I'm trying to incoroprate the wood's natural "character" into the piece, and using the knots to represent the sun.

Thanks in advance,

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Re: Suggestions please.

Bob,
    I sure can't make any suggestions and look forward to seeing what Susan and Nedra say, but that sure looks terrific to me. What a wonderful gift.
    Thor
    Steve

Comment

OH, YES! I have a suggestion ... Sign and Seal that one, it's a keeper!

Bob, it's perfect. That basswood round with the bark contains-holds-captures the violence of the storm waves. The curves of the round are perfect to enhance the curves of the sails. You have your ship hulls as the darkest focus point for the eye then your eye goes to the center knot hole as if it were the sun trying to come out through the cloud grain lines.

That is a beatiful burning, and I think it is the best you have posted yet ....

Susan

Comment

Oh! Thank you folks. I wasn't sure about the sky in particular. I have a low cloud cover, in keeping with the gale and wave action, but there is a smooth/blank section between the cloud/squall line and the sea, and I wan't sure if it worked. It happens, a squall blows in during an otherwise clear cloudless day, but not everyone may understand/connect with this.

I appreaciate the input, thank you.

Bob
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Bob ,
          If they don't want that I have this wall ..

Awesome !

Ash

Comment

Beautiful work, Bob, as always! Very alive.
            Wade

Comment

bob,

great work i think it looks great.like ash said if they dont want it you can send it south, i have a wall it would look great on too.

bart

Comment

maybe a whale or some porpoise surfacing? I only say this because I have worked on boats all my life and that would be the only thing to add if you wanted to add anything. I would see porpoise daily here and whales quite often in these parts. To me it looks perfect as it is.

Comment

Good composition, good action= a good burning!!!

Jax.
                  WOOD IS WONDERFUL!

Comment

Bob, sorry I'm late in responding. I've been out of town and just got back.

I guess I have to concur with Susan's comments. Great job and I know she will be very happy with it.

Nedra

Comment

Working...
                    X