What would be a good burner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would be a good burner?

What would you experienced pyros recommend for a unit to enhance carvings? I know Nedra has a Razortip, what about the rest of you? What do you have and would you recommend it?

I like Ron's idea of using it to sign a carving and I've seen Lynn and Nancy's use in their tutorials. I'd like to be able to do some of those things.

It sounds like a single burner unit would suffice for my needs, do you agree?

thanks in advance,
    mikeg
    Mike B

Re: What would be a good burner?

Hi Mike, I've tried a number of different units, 4 to be exact, and for my work, the Razertip is the best.

Comment

i have only experianced the single heat burners with interchangable tips later adding a reostat to control the heat and they just barely make it for a versatle tool, for use with small carvings, the barrel and nibs dont reach down in to deep places you would like deailed without getting stray marks,
      Although on flat burnings this type of burner is great for filling in large areas of backround

on the other hand i have the optma 1 with a spearpoint tip and set up all heavy duty tip handle and chord..
      i use it mostly for detailing my carvings, and some flat burning..
      i dont have a lot of hand pieces becuse last minuet things keep popping up i have to throw money at to make them dissapear like the grown up kids..

i bought it from rick, i feel i got my moneys worth,

Comment

Short and sweet answer, a Razortip!
        However, I am not a pyro!

Comment

hmmmmm...a chevy?
          "Lif iz lik a box "o" choc lets, ya nevr kno whut yull git!"

Comment

Nah Dave,a Dodge. Burn them tranies for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg
              What would you experienced pyros recommend for a unit to enhance carvings? I know Nedra has a Razortip, what about the rest of you? What do you have and would you recommend it?

I like Ron's idea of using it to sign a carving and I've seen Lynn and Nancy's use in their tutorials. I'd like to be able to do some of those things.

It sounds like a single burner unit would suffice for my needs, do you agree?

thanks in advance,
              mikeg
              Hi Mike, if you are going to use it primarily for your carvings and signing a single output burner is definately all you need to get. You don't need to know my recommendation because you already know the answer to that one. Talking

Nedra

Comment

Working...
              X