No announcement yet.

Antiqued Santa Before and After

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well , the one on the right definitely has more color , more contrast , more shine, more eye Catcher stuff. i presume it takes much more time to finish off that way.
    so hows it done? do you have to get them to the point of the one on the left and then continue? i am not familiar with the watco products mentioned, and dont quite know the procedure.
    Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Hi Denny , It takes very little time to Antique a Piece . I just put a Heavy coat of Watco Dark Wax on the finished Piece and let stand for 20 Min. then wipe off the Excess and let dry . Some People Dip the Piece in Antiquing but I don't . After it dries I Buff it with a ShoeBrush , if it's to Dark I put on a Lite coat of Feed-n- Wax , then back to the Brush . I understand Watco stopped making the Dark Wax so is not available anymore . Merry Christmas . Merle

Comment

thanks for the reply Merle. it Is worth the extra time , it does show up.
        Denny

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
          Hi Denny , It takes very little time to Antique a Piece . I just put a Heavy coat of Watco Dark Wax on the finished Piece and let stand for 20 Min. then wipe off the Excess and let dry . Some People Dip the Piece in Antiquing but I don't . After it dries I Buff it with a ShoeBrush , if it's to Dark I put on a Lite coat of Feed-n- Wax , then back to the Brush . I understand Watco stopped making the Dark Wax so is not available anymore . Merry Christmas . Merle
          I bought a can of it quite a long time ago but haven't tried that method yet. I was interested in it because I know Floyd Rhadigan uses a mix of 70% natural and 30% dark for antiquing. I don't know what he does now that they stopped making the dark. I should see him this summer so I'll ask. Myself, I use acrylic antiquing medium and just brush it on in diluted form in spots I want to add some drama. However, I tend to dilute it too much so I don't get a huge antique effect. I guess I'm too timid with it. LOL!
          Terry

Comment

too timid,,, lol.... like me never taking off enough wood the first few passes..
            Denny

Comment

I like the look of the antiqued. Have yet to try it myself, but i have been looking to do so. Thanks for posting! I like your Santa!
              James

Comment

Hi Denny , no need to be Timid because you are putting it on over Poly U so it can be Removed if you don't like it . Wash it with any Wax Remover . Merle

Comment

Hi James , as I said before , Put on Poly U before Antiquing that way it can be removed if you don't like it . It gives me the look that I like , seems to bring the Piece to life . Merle

Comment

Certainly brings it to life Merle. looks good.

Comment

Hi Glenn , thank You Merle

Comment

Working...
                      X