Lora Irish - free downloads & seminars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    reading an other post i remembered that I finished about 6 months ago a carving folowing this pattern from Susan. And I forgot to send a photo of the result. Well here it is. It was the carving I did to finish my third year of traditional woodcarving (adult education) here in Belgium.
    WIP and finished job, not in chronological order.
    Enjoy and comments are welcome.
    Jos
    Belgium

Comment

Beautiful bit of work Jos. Nicely carved.

Tinwood

Comment

I got most of Lora or Susan as she is some times called.. books, and I got tons of her patterns. Great ideas .....I learn a lot from her when I first started carving. Made a shoe box with green men on it...it still sits outside front of the house almost nine years later. What I like about her....she explains in great detail what to do and how to do it. Worth anyone who wants to learn .....without a class.

Comment

Very nicely done! Is the wood Butternut?
          Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

randy : It is in european lime / basswood, The slab measures 35x33cm on the backside.
            Jos
            Belgium

Comment

Originally posted by Dileon View Post
              . Worth anyone who wants to learn .....without a class.
              That is correct! Her explanations are very clear. I follow the class because of all the technics you can learn from the traditional carvers. If they don't tell anyone, the art will disappear. And I see it happen... Sadly in our country, with his very rich tradition in sculpting in wood sinds the middle ages, pupils do not learn it anymore in school even when they follow the section of cabinet maker. Its all about working with machines and MDF/ multiplex. Sad evolution!

Jos
              Belgium

Comment

Working...
              X