No announcement yet.

Yukon Cornelius

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent job Millard, love it ,and awesome paint job.

Comment

I love the combination of styles ....wow you made it work out great. It is an awesome work. This is not easy to take real and cartoons and make them look great, ....awesome job.

Wood appliques and onlays serve (in the past) as decorative architectural elements in adding decorative element to furniture......but they do not have to be put on furniture, nor do they have to be put on a flat area. I find appliques help me get more design work done and often easier then carving inside a boxed in area where it is hard to get the right chisels into an area. . They get their names from the action of being applied or laid onto another surface — fitting. Typically they are ornamental wood carvings made from cherry, maple, rubberwood or other woods. Which means often that it is easier to design and carve without so much breakage. You will often see such furniture appliques in the shape of a rosette, shell, basket, wreath, pineapple or floral design. Wood appliques are a timeless option. But like Millard you can add to almost any area....the plus side is if you make a mistake you can always make another applique.

Comment

Great job cottonwood..
        Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Beautiful work Millard, such a great combination of real and cartoonish characters.

Bob
          Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Fantastic carving Millard!

Comment

That is a great carving! I love the mix of caricature with the realism of Yukon’s face, which you nailed! And brilliant paint work on him too! You got it going on Millard!

Comment

Nice job! I like the idea!

Comment

Working...
                X