Finished Man with a Braded Beard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Man with a Braded Beard

Started this Guy the First of the year and finally got him off the to do List. Had some doubtful moments for awhile but he worked out OK. Oh! Basswood Top , Diamond Willow Insert , and Cherry Shaft. Merle IMG_0004.JPGIMG_0006.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0010.JPG

Merle that is really a very nice carving and what a beautiful piece of wood.

Comment

Hi Mark ,thank you for your encouraging words and Patienceon getting back into your Shop. Merle

Comment

Nice detail and finish, with fine carving. Very nice stick topper.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Looks like my beard was before the trimming. Great looking combination of woods. Different looks nice. Thanks for showing.
          Carve On,
          Kadiddle

Comment

Hi 807 ,Thanks for your Kind words ,I appreciate them. Merle

Comment

Hi Kadiddle , glad to see your still around ing . The Contrast of the different Colored Woods stands out nice. I try for different looks when possible. Are you doing any Carving , hope so? Thank you for Commenting. Merle

Comment

Well done, Merle! Nice character, and the shaft is very attractive.
                Arthur

Comment

Hi Arthur, Got the idea from Malc Spour , UK Carver . He is one fantastic Carver. Thanks Arthur . Merle

Comment

Well Merle, you just would listen to the few of us who like the primer look∙∙∙∙∙∙ Hummmm∙∙∙∙∙I can see why, your cane came out fillip. Well done sir (as usual)
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe, I wasn't to sure till today about keeping him from the Scrap Pile. Had to change Colors and that made a difference , he is now staying with the other Sticks and Canes. Thanks Joe. Merle

Comment

Well done Merle, great carving and paint.and good job on the insert. Classy stick.

Comment

That is a very good looking stick, Merle. Makes me want to take a hike, haha, well, it makes me want to finish a couple I have going...
                          Are you going to carve some more sticks?

Comment

Hi Randy , By using my Pieces of Diamond Willow it makes my Supply last longer ,it also brightens up the Stick. Another Malc Spour Idea with my touch. He helped me and doesn't know it . Thank you for commenting. Merle

Comment

Hi Kris, When I do other Cravings I always come back to Canes or Sticks because it Relaxes me and frees up my Imagination . Me do any more Sticks or Canes ? I'm Hooked and enjoy doing them . You get those Sticks finished and you'll see what I mean and maybe take a Hike. Ha,Ha. I always take all my Sticks for a Walk before I sell them or give them as Gifts. As I said before they are Addictive . Thank You for showing interest in my Stick. Looking forward in seeing your couple of Pieces. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X