Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shoveler Duick ready for Mounting and Paint from Summer Issue of WCI .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoveler Duick ready for Mounting and Paint from Summer Issue of WCI .

IMG_0003.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0001.JPG From Summer 2019 Issue . Increased Pattern to 126 % and used Basswood and will be mounted on , you guessed it , Diamond Willow. This is a well wrote Instructions Article It surprised me of how well it turned out. Have a little more Detailing around the Eyes and then fit it to a Stick. I'm not to sure about the Spots on thr Bill but that's the way the Duck is soooo! I'll probably take a chance on making look realistic. I hope. When I started Carving I said I wasn't going to Carve Ducks. well this is about the 15 th Duck I've done . Had a Frien come by and he say the progress and now calls it his Duck. May change his mind after I paint it. I learned a lot doing this Project and Enjoyed it. Merle

Sure a great looking duck and the wood burning is well done also. Excellent overall and one to certainly "showcase" your work. Can't wait to see the painting.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi 807 , Got her mounted on a Stick today and let the Glue dry till tomorrow , then blend it to the Stick , after that comes the Painting. I'm a little concerned about the Painting , but will give it a Shot. To me it's not a Pretty Duck but different Duck. We will see. Ha,Ha. Thanks for your Encouragement . Merle

Comment

WOW! That is nice. I think maybe just paint the eyes then finish with an oil finish. I can certainly see your friend's claim
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe, I'm going to try and Paint it like the Article describes if that don't work out I'll turn it into an Eagle. Ha,Ha. Thanks Bud . Merle

Comment

Beautiful work, Merle!

Claude
            My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hi Claude , it turned out better than I thought it would , now I hope the Paint Job will do the same . Thanks Claude. Merle

Comment

WOW Merle. That is a real nice piece of work.

Comment

Hi Ray , Thank You ,now the Fun begins , shaping the Stick and Painting. Merle

Comment

Looks good Merle. Great carving and you did nice job with the burner. Look forward to seeing the paint.

Comment

Just curious Merle, what type of burner do you have, what tip do you use and at what temp? I have a Colewood & I believe the point I'm using is a RT-PS 1/8"
                      . . .JoeB

Comment

Beautiful work Merle! Stunning!
                        Terry

Comment

Hi Randy , The Painting is going to be a Trip to say the least . Take it one step at a Time. Thanks . Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , I have a Colwood Burner and think it's great. The Tip i'm using is the RT- PS 1/8' also . I like the length , good for reaching into tight spots. I also used a Skew RT-K 5/32" , this I used for the Fine lines around the Eyes . The Setting that I used was from 4 to 4.5 , that gives lighter and Darker Lines. Thanks Joe for showing your always Interest. Merle

Comment

Hi Terry , lets hope my Paint work doesn';t take away from it . Thank you for your welcome comments. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X