Finished Shoveler Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Shoveler Duck

IMG_0007.JPGIMG_0008.JPGIMG_0012.JPGIMG_0013.JPG This is a good example of Painting don't live up to the Carving . I gave it a Shot and the best I could do. I guess you can tell that I'm not to Fond of it , but here is the Kicker, my Wife likes it , go figure . Ha,Ha. Maybe it will grow on me . On to making more Dirt . Merle

It looks mighty fine to me Merle. I think you are way to critical if you are dissapointed in that one.

Great job, Tom
    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

That is one handsome duck! I like the way the bill sets the wood off, or is it the wood that sets the bill off? Either way, very nice!

Comment

Hi Tom , maybe it's that my Painting is usually Controlled and this one has no Borders and a lot of Random Painting . A different Style Painting . I'll find out when my Friend takes a look at it . I sure did learn a lot doing it . so it's not a complete loss . Thanks Tom for your Encouragement. Merle

Comment

Hi Sappy , Oh ! you are so nice . I learned a lot about mixing Paint colors and Texturing and I'm Partially Colored Blind . It was a Fun Project , that's all that matters , enjoying what you do . Thank You for your Kind Words. Merle

Comment

Your friends are looking at it know!! It is a colorful stick no doubt, It is always interesting how our wife sway our thinking (he he). I believe I still would have like with just the eye painted and the wood natural. ???
            . . .JoeB

Comment

We seem to be our worst critics, and lighten up on yourself Merle. Sure looks fine to me and the overall stick is a winner in my mind. The diamond willow blends in nicely with the carving. Great piece!
              Bill
              Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Looks good Merle, similar in to the color of the female northern shovel nose. Could be a bit more tan. Still a good looking stick Merle.

Comment

Hi Joe, I think you might be right about Painting the Eyes and use a Oil Finish . To late now . Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , the Diamond Willow is my Favorite Wood for Sticks , to me it adds a lot to the overall appearance . I'll take it for a Walk today and see how it feels. I go thru the Cemetery , it's across the Street so don't need to go far and don't think anyone will dislike the Duck . Ha,Ha. It is a good carving but something is missing . Thanks . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , That might be right , needs more Tan .I think I was expecting the Antiquing to make it darker and it didn't . The Bill looks OK , boy it took a lot to put those Dots on it , didn't seem right but that's the way it is . Being my Paint is Transparent and should add more Tan . He gets a Bath in Alcohol to remove the Wax and then New Face . That will tone it down some . Thanks Randy , will let you know how it turns out . Merle

Comment

Don't beat yourself up Merle. Good looking carving and beautiful stick. I like it like it is.

Comment

Hi Ray , I'm going to make ita little Darker and hope that brings some life into it . That's my project for the Day. Merle

Comment

I wish I could carve something that bad.
                            Terry

Comment

Hi Terry , Ha,Ha, Making it Darker Brown changed the appearance for the better .I now like her . thanks Terry . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X