Tiger Pattern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Pattern?

We just got back from a trip to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado with my eldest son and his wife. While there, I promised to carve a hiking stick for my son. He asked for a Tiger topper (He's a LSU grad - "Fighting Tigers" -). Sooo...now I have to carve my first stick, and I'm looking for a pattern. Knowing my son, this will be a "working stick," so I need to carve a topper that's good looking but practical. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!
    Arthur

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    We just got back from a trip to the Rocky Mountains in Colorado with my eldest son and his wife. While there, I promised to carve a hiking stick for my son. He asked for a Tiger topper (He's a LSU grad - "Fighting Tigers" -). Sooo...now I have to carve my first stick, and I'm looking for a pattern. Knowing my son, this will be a "working stick," so I need to carve a topper that's good looking but practical. Any suggestions gratefully accepted!
    I just googled "Tiger cane woodcarving" and came up with all sorts of ideas. I'll even bet that you could even use a pattern for a bear head and modify it to look like a tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post

[SIZE=24px SNIP I'll even bet that you could even use a pattern for a bear head and modify it to look like a tiger.[/SIZE]

Eddie, I'll have a hard enough time making a tiger look like a tiger!
      Arthur

Comment

I have made a tiger cane, and you are welcome to copy it.

Bob
        Attached Files
        Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Thanks, Bob, just what I'm looking for!
          Arthur

Comment

A good place to look for ideas is eBay. Search, :tiger walking stick handle".

Comment

The book "Carving Animal Canes & Walking Sticks with Power” has a tiger pattern in it. I have not done the tiger but have done other patterns in the book. You can get it on Amazon and I think Fox books.

Comment

I'm not thinking that you'll have too much problem with this project Arthur. You'll do just fine, I'm sure of it.

Tinwood

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post

Eddie, I'll have a hard enough time making a tiger look like a tiger!
                  Arthur... I feel your pain!

Comment

Arthur, just Google "tiger head" and then click on Images. Hundreds of them.

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                    X