Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I'll be you about got pulled over when you gave the cane to your son. He probably grab it in a hurry. This is a fine walking stix, well done.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Beautiful walking stick!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Super work Curly. Really like the colors and the finish. I think the aspen held the detail pretty well in this case.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• RayV
    replied
    What they all said Curly. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• Curly Early
    replied
    To answer a few questions, the finish was a wash of acrylics, then he wanted a glossy coat finish, so I sprayed 3 coats of gloss acrylic paint. It measures 62 inches tall and was Aspen wood. Aspen doesn't hold detail as good as basswood so I was a bit disappointed with the carving. As for carving a stick, it was hard to hold onto, reversing direction was a pain to rotate the stick end for end and I can't say I would look forward to carving another. So time wise I'd tell you 10 years and that would be so, because I did carve the face that long ago, but I didn't remember putting it overhead in my garage, so finding it about January, I would carve a couple of flowers per evening and so vine and a leaf or 2, really was a much bigger project than I started it to be. I just knew I would enjoy giving it away.--thanks for the interest--Earl

Leave a comment:

• JoeVM
    replied
    Nice stick. Thanks for posting.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Well done. Nice decretive carving and paint.

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Great looking stick...nice design...very well done.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Nice looking walking stick. Well done.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    Fantastic Curley!

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Curley , Boy did you ever make a Keep Sake for your Son , he will love that forever . Good Work . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Nice job Curly.!

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    A very fine stick, Curly and I'm sure it will be appreciated. What type of finish is on there and what is the length? Glad your daughter is a survivor.

Leave a comment:

• stuffucanmake
    replied
    This is great. I agree with Brian, the flowers look like they are made of ceramics. How long did it take to create this beauty?

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Those flowers look like they are made out of ceramics!!!!!
    Great designs over the whole stick. Very good for "poking" at things along the trail.
    The cord grip won't change with temperature or in the rain. Glad the concept was useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X