Another Bald Eagle, Sorry .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Bald Eagle, Sorry .

Got a request from my Sisters Grand Daughter in California . Thought I would show him in the Semi Rough Stage . Needs to be Blended and mounted on the Stick and a little clean up on end of Feathers . I do IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0004.JPGIMG_0005.JPGIMG_0006.JPG enjoy Carving this Guy and seeing him come to life as you all probably know by now . Ha,Ha. Merle

Another great job, I'm currently working on an eagle/hand back stretcher, but having trouble getting my feather to look as good as your
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe , that is the hardest for me also . Think Feather Groups at first not Feathers , then the Feather lines . I used a 1/4 " V Gouge for most of the Detailing , 6o Deg. I think . Hope my Pictures Help . No Woodburning , all Carving . Take your time and have Fun. Thanks Joe. Merle

Comment

Oh, I've got your images printed out. Basly I'm doing your way. For the feather lines, I've tried cleaning up my feather groups with a long tapered diamond bur, looking a little better, Thanks, Merle.
        . . .JoeB

Comment

Sorry?!?!?! Geez your work is fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing!!

Bob L

Comment

Merle you have got another winner in the hand.

Comment

Merle; you are getting good at doing the eagle ! Well done.
              Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Amazing carving, Merle. Certainly, an outstanding piece for everyone to be proud of and an excellent heirloom.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Bob L , Thought maybe some getting tired of seeing my Eagles . Thank You for your Kind Words. Merle

Comment

Hi Ray , Thank You . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , I guess when you like the Subject that your Carving you try a little harder . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , thank you for your Encouragement . Merle

Comment

Merle... You've got to stop this! Each one gets better and better and makes the eagle cane I carved look like it was made by a kindergartner.

Comment

Never get tired of seeing these Merle. You need to keep going until you get them right. I like the two feathers on the side, they really stand out.
                            If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Hi Eddy , I told the Wife last night that I think this one is better that the last one , and she said ,( that's what you said about the last one ) Still room for improvement . Try this Pattern Eddy , you might surprise yourself . Thanks Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X