Different Eyes for Suzys Eagle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Eyes for Suzys Eagle

I was in the middle of doing my Eagle and my Oldest Daughter wanted an Eagle for her collection . I was looking for Glass Eyes and found these on ESTY , They are supposed to be more realistic . I got another style from another Craftsman , the Iris is more course , that one will be put in mine . I think I like them better than the Yellow ones . What do you think ? Merle IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPGIMG_0005.JPG

Nice looking Eagle Staff, well done.

Bob
    Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Hi Bob , Thank You , that makes about 10 Walking Sticks in her Collection . Merle

Comment

Nice eagle staff. I like those eyes.

Comment

Wonderful job Merle. Those eyes looks good. The yellow eyes would accurate for the bald eagle. But that is the nice thing about making our own we can choose what we like.

Comment

I want to agree with Randy, but as long as the eye look appealing, how many people will know or really look at the eyes. With a cane this nice, who is going to say, Merle, what are you doing? Good job
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Dashriprock , trying something different and seems to be OK . Thank You for commenting .... Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , in Person they look like they move when you turn him . I bought 2 different Styles , the other style has a more Course Iris and more reflective . I bought 7 Pair so I'll find a use for them , maybe I'll use them in my Dog Carvings . Ha,Ha. . Not. They don't take away from the Carving just add a different look . Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , just got back from the Barbers and he got his stamp of Approval . The Eyes are Appealing and the Daughter likes him. Putting on a coat of Wax today and Leather Wrap and call him done , then back to finishing mine . I'm about Eagled out . Ha,Ha. Thanks Joe. Merle

Comment

They do match the carpet well Merle, I must say, that I do like the yellow shades better for eagle eyes. Randy is right again.
                    If I took the time to fix all my mistakes, I wouldn,t have time to make new ones.

www.spokanecarvers.com

Comment

Well done, Meryle. The eyes have a mysterious quality to them and remind me of more realism. They really have a "magnetism" to the observer's eye and have seen that effect in very upscale oil paintings. I like them.
                      Bill
                      Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Tom , as long as I lay it on the Floor it will look good , sounds like a Plan . Ha,Ha. When by itself I don't think they will be noticed . Always appreciate your Input , thanks . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , I think they add a different look but don't distract from the overall Carving. mine is in Walnut so we'll see if that looks different in Walnut. Thanks for your encouraging Words . Merle

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                            Hi Randy , in Person they look like they move when you turn him . I bought 2 different Styles , the other style has a more Course Iris and more reflective . I bought 7 Pair so I'll find a use for them , maybe I'll use them in my Dog Carvings . Ha,Ha. . Not. They don't take away from the Carving just add a different look . Merle
                            I just got some class eyes from Hummul Carviving. I am going to try them on the next carving. it will be the first time I have used glass eye. Hope the look as good as yours.

Comment

Hi Randy , I think you will be surprised on how they bring life to the Carving . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X