• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought of Merle Rice

Kind of down your lane Merle
    . . .JoeB

Hi Joe,
    This is what I love about this forum!!! There is allways something being posted that one would just never think of doing. This piece is stunning. What a brilliant concept. And what an awesome job in the making of it. Definate wow factor in this piece. Thanks for posying it. Something else to add to the to do list.

Comment

Glenn, don't get the wrong idea, not my carving, above my skills
      . . .JoeB

Comment

I would not consider this photo to be "Off Topic." Perhaps it belongs among Stick & Cane Carving.

Comment

Hi Joe,
          You only think it's above your existing skills because you haven't done it yet. Tomorrow or the next day it will be within your skills as our skills grow with every new thing we try. Go find a bit of wood and have some fun. It will be a grand challenge!!

Comment

Phil, I put it here because I thought of it ideas for thought.

Glenn, right now I'm trying to improve my face/bust skill
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Wow! That is a cool carving idea. Thanks for posting JoeB.

Bob L

Comment

Amazing work to be admired and appreciated. Fantastic,Joe, and thanks for posting it.
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Joe , thanks for thinking of me ,but you are a little late . This is on my to do list and is already cutout and waiting to be Carved . I removed the Snake and added a Fish . I'm working on one now that is similar it also has a Fish . I thought this one would be easier , a lot of different Levels that I didn't realize , but I'm getting it , I hope . I was hoping the Wood was Cherry but I think it's Mahogany , that still works . Thanks Joe Appreciate Your Thoughts . Merle

Comment

I can't wait to see your finished project. With your skills, it is going to be another great cane!
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe , this style Cane has my interest because it is Comfortable to use and gives me freedom to do different things with it . The Wife is 85 yrs. old and loves hers when she takes her Walks . She doesn't need a Cane but it gives her Balance and Confidence . The Cane you sent the Eagle is on one side of the Cane , the one I'm working on his Wings are on both sides of the Cane , makes me Think and that's good . Should be a couple more days on this one . Again thanks for the Thought . Merle

Comment

Great looking cane. Thanks for sharing Joe.

I look foroward to seeing your take on it Merle.

Comment

Hi Randy , I liked the Eagle on that Cane but liked the Handle on the one that I'm working on so I put this Eagle on this Handle . That will be my next Project . The different Levels on this one sure makes me think . Great Mental Exercise . Pretty much roughed out now . Fun part now and watch it come to Life . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

That is a splendid design and so well carried out. Something different from your normal walking stick. Thanks for sharing.

Bob
                            Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Joe: Great stick - thanks for showing it.
                              Merle: Can't wait to see your new design!!

Claude
                              My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Working...
                              X