No announcement yet.

Eagle with Fish Cane Finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Randy , now that it is completely dry I give it a Good Brushing with a Shoe Brush . That seems to give it a Warm look . This one has a Special look and gives me a Proud feeling . Thanks Randy . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , the Cherry Wood probably had a lot to do with my Concentration being that I wanted to show off the Grain . Thank You for always showing your Interest . Merle

Comment

Just beautiful. That cherry really pops.

Comment

Thanks Jonathan for Your Comments . Merle

Comment

Well, Merle∙∙∙∙What else can be said! Old friend you did a marvelous job of carving this handle, not be surprised. The marriage to the shaft, what an accent! What is the shaft? You've probably said, but my memory is about as other things these days. How was the cherry to carve & where did you get it? Damm I'm going to keep my eyes open for another tough idea for you to do.
            . . .JoeB

Comment

Wow!!!... that is beautiful!....love the carving!, ... love the wood!,.... love the finish!... what else can I say?
              thanks for sharing,
              Wayne
              If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi Joe , it is all Cherry Wood with the Exception of the Fake Tiger Eye and Counter Top White Material Stripe , forgot the Name of it . I went a little Crazy Blending the Topper with the Shaft , wanted to be different . The Cherry is Hard so I did it all by Power Carving . My Son-n-Law got it from a Factory that makes Stairs and these were Scrap Pieces , it was 1 1/2 " thick when started . I'm working on the Pattern that you ed now . I changed it up a bit , no Snake and Changed the Handle . This is out of Walnut , again all Power Carving , these Old Hands Appreciate that . It's moving along quite well , just about have it Roughed Out , Taking my time and Enjoying the Trip . Have an Eagle waiting in the Wings to be next . It's out of the Same Walnut Knot that the Other Bust that I did . Definitely Power Carving . They really make me think with the different levels , that's the Challenge that makes this Hobby what it is . Good hearing your Opinion on my doings Ole Friend Merle

Comment

Hi Wayne , are you saying that you like the Piece ? Ha,Ha. We do Appreciate each others work and that's a Good thing . We Love what we do , Right. Always nice Hearing your Kind Words . Merle

Comment

Beautiful work on the cane, Merle! I like the white separator between handle and shaft!

Claude
                    My FaceBook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ClaudesWoodCarving/

My Pinterest Page: https://www.pinterest.com/cfreaner/

My ETSY Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ClaudesWoodcarving

Comment

Hi Claude ,The White Strip is Counter Top Material , I don't remember the name of it . I have a few more Small Pieces left . I like to use it to break the Colors every now and then . Thanks Claude . Merle

Comment

Fantastic job merle just beautiful am going to have a crack at an NZ version.
                        Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 05-28-2020, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Hi Glenn , Peaked your Interest did it ? Have Fun . Excuse my Dumbness but what is an NZ Version ? Merle

Comment

Hi Glenn , never mind I got it , NZ= New Zealand . Dah !. Merle

Comment

Hi Merle
                              There is only one word FANTASTIC!!! That is one awesome piece of carving I hope mine ends up halfway as good.

cheers
                              Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn , Thank You . The way yours looks your have nothing to Worry about . Gona be Great . Merle

Comment

Working...
                                X