Start of a Cane Topper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of a Cane Topper

12"x 5 1/2 "x 1 3/8" Mahogany , ( I think ) . My Walnut Eagle with Fish is now in Cleveland , Ohio , so I thought why not do another this time a Bear and Gazelle . Never did a Bear or Gazelle who knows how it will turn out . Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained , seems I heard that somewhere . The Temperature has a lot to do with time spent Carving . ( HOT ) . Got my Mind working again . Merle IMG_0002.JPG

Off on another interesting journey, will be watching
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Nice start and looking forward to the progress and completion, Merle.
      Bill
      Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Hi Joe , Anxious to get started but the 90 deg. Heat is keeping me out of the Shop . The Sawdust will stick to me like Glue , Yuck ! not a pretty Picture . Merle

Comment

Hi 807 , Should be an Interesting Trip being I never did a Bear or Gazelle or Full Body Animal . Thanks for your Encouragement . Merle

Comment

Hi Merle I think I have seen that pattern with a lion and a gazelle. It's on my to do list as well hehehe .Very nice it is too. Looking forward to watching the progress.

Am not to good will have to have a few days away from the workshop . Cat bit me and now the hand has swollen up to where the knuckles are dissapearing. **** It. Cant blame the poor little thing though . She gets bad knots in her fur and we have to cut them off and she hates it. She was simply letting me know that such attentions to her person were not appreciated. Girls are like that!!

Shoveling antibiotics in order to get back on the tools. Did manage get 13 of my 15 guitars hung up today so not a total loss. hehehehe.

Happy carving Merle and you think I've got addicted to cane making??? Take a look in the mirror buddy THAT'S addiction personified hehehehehehehehe.

Mat you knives always be sharp,

Cheers
            Glenn

Comment

Love it Merle. Look forward to following this one. I agree with you. Challenging ourselves with new projects is the fun of carving for me. I always try to incorporate something I have not done before in all the carvings even if it is just something small.

Comment

Merle, that's going to be another beauty!
                Arthur

Comment

Hi Glenn , I wouldn't wait to long before going to a Dr. about that Bite . Yep I'm Addicted to Stick and Cane Carving and Enjoying it . It's not a Bad thing . Hope for Quick Healing on your Hand . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , I think Challenging is a must if you want improve what ever your doing . It keeps me interested and trying because I surely don't need any more Canes or Sticks . Ha,Ha. Thanks for Encouraging Words . Merle

Comment

Hi Arthur , Thank You for your Confidence . Should be Interesting . Merle

Comment

Glen, hope you get to feeling better, never know what the cat had been chewing on before chewing on you
                        . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Merle , Joe am coming right. Had a violent reaction to the antibiots and spent most of the night with my head in a bucket. But the dose looks to have done the job. Swelling about 80% down. Even got back on the tools today even though I was wandering around like something out of a Zombie movie.

lots of pictures Merle. Love to see this piece unfold. Oh yeah I think you better add eagles to your addictions hehehehe.
                          I love those birds !! just wonderful!!. so keep right on carving them !!
                          Last edited by Glenn Jennings; 07-09-2020, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Hi , Glenn , Glad to hear you are getting back to Normal . Yep! Eagle ,Cane , and Stick Addiction I am and no cure for me .Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Working...
                            X