Update on the Baluster cane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on the Baluster cane.

Had some time to get most of the carving rought in. I have a few more leaves to do and then I will start clean up and detail.You can see the oak baluster in the first picture

IMG_1829 (2).jpgIMG_1827.jpg

Coming along nicely Randy. Interesting contrast of textures.
    Ed
    Living in a pile of chips.
    https://m.facebook.com/pg/CentralNeb...ernal&mt_nav=0

Comment

Hi Randy , now the Fun begins watching it come to Life . Are you going to keep this one? Gona be a Bute . Merle

Comment

Enjoying the progress and it is interesting where it came from. Very nice so far, Randy.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
          Hi Randy , now the Fun begins watching it come to Life . Are you going to keep this one? Gona be a Bute . Merle
          I am sure I will. No one will want to pay for the hours.

Comment

Hi Randy, how many Hrs. do you think you put into a Cane or Stick ? I think I put in about 30 to 40 Hrs. and that's over 2 to 3 Weeks . Now with the Heat , 1/2 hr. at a Time . I don't Hurry . Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Hi Randy, how many Hrs. do you think you put into a Cane or Stick ? I think I put in about 30 to 40 Hrs. and that's over 2 to 3 Weeks . Now with the Heat , 1/2 hr. at a Time . I don't Hurry . Ha,Ha. Merle
              That is about what I average Merle. Hurry is for those with less gray. I do not even hurry to dinner these days. :-) I got a small window unit at sams a few years ago, keeps my little shop comfortable in the summer. So heat is not the issue it was and one of the little ceramic room heaters does the job in our mild winnters.

Comment

Hi Randy ,does your Handles on your Micro Power Tools get Hot? After about 10 min. mine gets so Hot I have to put them down . Both my Mastercarver and Micro Carver get Hot . Temperature in Shop have anything to do with it ? Merle

Comment

Hi Merle. I have not had that issue yet.. I am not sure. Did you get the Micro Carver from Treeline? Call PJ at Treeline . Check your manuals for cleaning the head piece on the power unit. I think the is a small cooling fan in the power unit and after heavy use dust can build up in the unit these are basicly like dentail tools I know they have to be cleand for bonedust for health reasons, but they will over heat with build up in the system too. I will look in my manual and see if it covers overheating of the handpiece.

Comment

Hi Randy , on my Mastercarver I think the Bearings are Shot . The Micro I don't know , will check with PJ on Monday . Today I'll get out the Manual . Thanks Merle

Comment

Wow, stunning!
                      Anders.

Comment

Struggling with the face on this cane. I had some time to work on it but got in a hurry and damaged one of the eyes. Looks like I will have to redo the face to corrected it, if I can. Or I may have to scrap the face and do all leaves to be able to have a cane. I said a lot of bad words very loudly! My fault, wrong tool just to save what would only have been about 10 or 15 more min’s.

Comment

Hi Randy , I don't think you will need to Scrap the Face because it looks like a lot of Wood under the Eyes with 2 more Eyes there . Just go deeper and take a look . Lookin Darn Good . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , I don't think you will need to Scrap the Face because it looks like a lot of Wood under the Eyes with 2 more Eyes there . Just go deeper and take a look . Lookin Darn Good . Merle
                            The problem is I was cutting in the right iris and much of the wood you see is now a hole that chipped on one side. The question is can I take it down enough to clean up the chip and still make it work. I will have to take the whole face down to have propper proportions in the face. I have room to do that, I think. I am working on a plan of attack.

Comment

Hi Randy , sounds like a Plan to me . I know you will pull it off . Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X