No announcement yet.

Update on the Baluster cane.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with the fix Randy I'm sure you will nail it!!!!! Can you shape a piece of wood and glue it in? I find I have to do that quite a lot. You can often hide the cut in so that it doesn't show at all. just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Jennings View Post
      Good luck with the fix Randy I'm sure you will nail it!!!!! Can you shape a piece of wood and glue it in? I find I have to do that quite a lot. You can often hide the cut in so that it doesn't show at all. just a thought.
      I do not have any wood to match the wood in the baluster and I am not sure what the wood. It is a light redish brown and very the grain lines are tight but barlely noticible.The baluster is 60 to 70 years old and wood vary dry and brittle. Should the have used power tool for the eyes. Do not have that delicate touch on small detail anymore. Old hands.

Comment

Hi Randy , being that the Wood is Dry and Brittle maybe mixing Water and Alcohol and Spray it on the Eye area might make it more workable . Just a Thought . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy
          I hear you on the old hands thing some days I have trouble gripping tools and have to work the fingers back and forward crunching the fingers into a tight ball with the other hand to get them working up to speed. The price of getting old I'm afraid. Best of luck with it randy.

Cheers
          Glenn

Comment

Working...
          X