No announcement yet.

Starting of a Duck Cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Glenn , just need to change the Beak on the Duck and I'll have an Eagle . Ha,Ha. Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , Gona be 2 Ducks , the Cabin didn't work out . Still can't get into my Shop for more than 15 min. Want to finish the Bear and Gazelle first , all it needs it the Final Detailing and then add the cane . Thanks , Keep Cool . Merle

Comment

Hi Merle Well at least you can, ah shall we say, duck into the workshop and get a bit done. On the bright side being that hot is a good excuse for plenty of cold beers to cool one down. hehehe.

Comment

Hi Glenn , your play on Words is well done . My Shop is hit by the Morning Sun till High Noon and when they built it they called it a Sun Porch . All Windows are Sided over but 2 and that's enough to Heat it up . I still get a Couple Sessions in a Day though , short ones . Merle

Comment

Their will be a Set of Ducks on the other side also . They are just Mocked up now with Dowels not Glued yet . Need to finish Carving 1 more Duck and then Finish Sanding , then final Detailing of the Feathers . The handle is Mahogany and haven't started on it yet . Want to finish the Bear and Gazelle first , I think . Ha, Ha. Merle IMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

Comment

What kind of ducks >. They will be painted or plain, Whatever it is going to be striking!
              . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Joe, I think they are Mallards . I'm going to finish them like I did years ago . All White no Antiquing . They will look like Ivory . I think the contrast with the Dark Wood will make them stand out . I'll use my Burner to do the Detailing but no Antiquing . Just something different . Thanks for your Encouragement . Merle

Comment

Think the contrast will look awesome Merle.

Comment

I totally agree with the white, it will be a great contrast.
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

That is looking great Merle. Shaping on the ducks is well done, this is going to be a keeper.

Comment

Hi Glenn , I think they will stand out more than with colors , besides I'm not that good of a Painter of small things . Thanks Merle

Comment

Hi Joe , we'll see . Merle

Comment

Hi Randy , Gona Burn the Detailing today and will probably finish them before starting the Handle . I've got a Piece of Diamond Willow that I'm thinking of using as the Cane but not sure yet . Thanks for your encouragement . Merle

Comment

Hi Merle
                              If you wanted to add a bit of colour but didn't want to paint them why not treat them to your colour pencil method. Subtle colour might still contrast quite well with the dark wood and just give the birds that little bit of a lift. It worked real well on the boxes you did for the children. Just a thought.

Cheers Glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn , These Ducks are only about 2" Square and Burning the Detailing with a Sharp Point is all my Eyes will allow . The Colored Pencils for me would be hard to control . I was going to burn them all yesterday in about 1 hr. , it took me all day to do 3 . Doing the Final one today and then Painting them . That's the plan at 10:00 in the Morning . Ha,Ha. Thank You for your Suggestion , can use any help I can get . Merle

Comment

Working...
                                X