Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dileon
    replied
    So beautiful I want it, but can not afford such a nice piece. Work is outstanding and this one top of the line.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Thanks Randy . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Randy , got to ask , did you carve the Swirls on the Cane? Merle
    No Merle it was a elaborate baluster. I think they were machined. I just carver the face and leaves and handle.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy , got to ask , did you carve the Swirls on the Cane? Merle

Leave a comment:

• Mark N. Akers
    replied
    Very nice job Randy, love it.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Dang, Randy, and nice tip...always liked "easy."

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    I agree , clever Idea , and I'm going to remember it . Got to give you a Big WOW! Randy on this Cane . It shows a lot of Detailing and your Talent . That has got to be a Keeper . Happy Easter . Merle
    Yes, I will keep this one. I have another oak baluster. I am not sure when I will start on it. I have cut out a walnut handle for it. It is the same general shape but no swirls. It has long flutes down the sides.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Great tip, Randy! Thanks for p-osting it.

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    I agree , clever Idea , and I'm going to remember it . Got to give you a Big WOW! Randy on this Cane . It shows a lot of Detailing and your Talent . That has got to be a Keeper . Happy Easter . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    The big job has been sanding off the old finish on the baluster. Still working on that. Just a few small flutes below the carving to go.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Ah, you clever boy. I shall attempt to remember that trick with the offcut shape.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Very clever, not your first rodeo is it?

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    started a topic permanently attached handle on baluster cane

permanently attached handle on baluster cane

Today I permanently attached the handle today. I use a pipe clamp. and a block that I cut a handle out of. I use this shape handle for most of the canes I make. It is comfortible and I get alot of positve feedback from those that use it. Useing the scrap from cutting out the handle lets me clamp with out scaring to handle and I can get good even pressure when clamping down the handle.
    IMG_2089 (002).jpg IMG_2092 (002).jpg

Working...
X