This Cane is not for Walking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Cane is not for Walking

Mahogany Topper, Walnut Insert on Handel, Diamond Willow Shaft with Cherry Insert? , Finish with Satin Poly U and Feed-n-Wax. This was a Project of Many Errors than had to be Corrected and then became a Practice Piece. Handel was to Thin, added a Walnut Piece to Widen it . Piercing went Astray , then Practiced Piercing. This made it to Fragile to be used as a Walking Cane. Glued the Topper and Shaft Joint 5 times before buying Epoxy Glue to make it work . The Glue would not Dry, never had that problem before and don't want it again . Ha,Ha. This came close a few times to be my First Piece that became Scrap . A good Learning Experience but Hard on the Nerves . Merle IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG

Althoug it may not be used as a walking cane its a piece very nice to look at.
    If you don't like to call me wasserretter call me Dirk

Comment

Hi Wasser, Yep, just one Big Ornament . Ha,Ha. Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Definitely a cool looking piece.
        Ed
        https://www.ebay.com/sch/bmart50/m.h...1&_ipg=&_from=
        Local club
        https://www.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

As has been said, very nice looking cane.

Comment

Looks beautiful!

Comment

Hi Ed, Thanks . Merle

Comment

Hi Sappy , another Piece for the Wife to Dust. Thanks . Merle

Comment

Hi Eddy , Thanks for Commenting . Merle

Comment

Shame it isn't a walker. Would still be fun to strut around the stores with it.
                    What a conversation starter! Looks like it would feel good under the hand.
                    Brian T

Comment

Hi Brian , it has some Stability to it , good for Balance but not a heavy load . It is Comfortable under Hand after adding the Walnut Knot Piece. It was to Thin . This one wasn't a Fun Piece. It was a Pain in the Neck at first and at the End I had a Lower Opinion of it . Ha,Ha. Thanks Brian . Merle

Comment

That's a problem that I see with lots of canes = the topper is so skinny, if you have to lean on it, it hurts. Bad enough to have to use a cane but one that fights back is too much.

Right now, the cane beside me has a fat top which is 8" long and oval, max 2 1/4" wide, flat top.
                        It's a comfort to lean on in jerk no-sit places like the post office or the bank.
                        Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                          SNIP. This one wasn't a Fun Piece. It was a Pain in the Neck at first and at the End I had a Lower Opinion of it . SNIP
                          Merle, I think we can all relate! This kind does rear it's head now and then, but it is pretty!
                          Arthur

Comment

Aw throw it away∙∙∙∙my direction , What piece of eye candy, a dazzling piece of work for sure, I bet the daughter are lining up.
                            . . .JoeB

Comment

Hi Arthur, that's the way I felt so I put some Poly U on it and let the Wood speak for itself . Thanks for commenting. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X