Just for Fun Cane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for Fun Cane

All Walnut Wood and Poly U Finish with a Lite Coat of Feed-n-Wax. It is a Right Hand Cane , that way the Bug doesn't hit your Hand . Should Create some Smiles and believe it or not it's a Comfortable Cane . Again it was a Fun Project. Merle IMG_0008.jpg IMG_0014.jpg IMG_0009.jpg IMG_0011.jpg

Merle, thats a great cane, very nice and walnut, that makes it even better.
    Mark N. Akers
    My Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KarolinaKarver

Comment

Elegant and whimsical cane, Merle, well done.
      Bill
      Living among knives and fire.

http://www.texaswoodartist.com

Comment

Hi, Mark, I did it for Laughs and it should start a Few Conversations also. Probably take him for a Walk tomorrow , I do that with all my Sticks and Canes to see just how they feel to Walk with. Thanks Mark. Merle

Comment

very nicely done, gotta love how walnut takes detail and finish.

great work!

Comment

Hi, 807, the Wife didn't think she would like him , but after she seen him Finished she liked him . It surprised her. Thanks , Merle

Comment

Hi, Jim, I do Power Carving on Walnut or I would never get them Finished . The end Results is Rewarding though . Thanks for your nice Words. Merle

Comment

Merle,

What a cute guy and the wood is beautiful. I have to admit after the hip replacement and realizing how much pressure was on that poor cane. I look at canes differently now.

Comment

Hi, Ed, I really don't need a Cane , but after I started Making them I would Take one with me wherever I Would go just to show it off. Now I feel lost if I don't have one with me, that also goes with the Walking Sticks. I guess they are Habit Forming, not a Bad Habit. Thanks Ed, always appreciate your Comments . Merle

Comment

Now this one really jumps out of the corner at you, your other cans are really good, but this one really has personality, double thumps up
                    . . .JoeB

Comment

It's everything a cane should be. Of course it's functional. But such a character depicted in the handle tries to inject a little humor into the situation.

I'd say you brought it off. There's no turning back now.
                      Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
                        Hi, Mark, I did it for Laughs ,Merle
                        Well Merle, you certainly succeeded in that!.... I got a great chuckle when I saw that character, ....... so good in fact I've saved a picture of him just in case I decide to try something like that myself.
                        Thanks for posting;
                        Wayne
                        If you're looking for me, you'll find me in a pile of wood chips somewhere...

Comment

Hi, Joe, Yep, he Stands out in the Corner with the Eagles and Horses. Glad you like him . Thanks. Merle

Comment

Hi, Brian, Humor and Function is a Good thought to put into a Cane . Would give a Good Feeling when being used. Thanks Brian . Merle

Comment

Hi, Wayne , Put an Idea into your Head did it ? Be my Guest , Love to se what you come up with . Thanks Wayne. Merle

Comment

Working...
                              X