Stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stick

Now that's a face with character. Very nicely done!!!
    Brandant Robinson
    Woodcarving Blog - www.theoldstump.blogspot.com
    Custom Folding Knives - https://www.therobinsonedge.com/
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/brandant.robinson.1

Comment

Great looking stick ...Nice job !

Comment

Very nice looking carving, The detail in the face is awesome. Keep up the great work you do...

Comment

Beautiful design and well executed Vic. Black birch with the bark left on is one of the best mediums for wood spirits.

Comment

Very, very nice Vic!

Carve on...

Comment

I lost some tool off my company truck about a week ago and a nice person found them and call me to let me know he had the tool so i gave him the stick.As a gift.
              Thanks for the nice comments.

Comment

Great job! Love the detail and especially the expression. I'm also in awe of black birch... I've never heard of it. I take it to be a species of birch in which the bark is black instead of white... (bit like our swans). The contrast really adds to the overall effect. Do you think the bark will stay on over time?

Comment

Great job, the face has plenty of character and great detail and the Black Birch shows off the carving to perfection. Well done.

Bob
                  Before they slip me over the standing part of the fore sheet, let them pipe: "Up Spirits" one more time.

Comment

Nice !
                    Very good piece .

Ash

Comment

nICE THAT YOUR HLPING A NEW CARVER. hOW IS THAT BLACK BIRCH TO CARVE.

Feb

Comment

Vic,
                        That is a wonderful stick. The young man in your area is fortunate to have you looking out for him. I was fortunate enough to have a carver who from time to time would give me pointers.

Safe Carving and God Bless,

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by windsong View Post
                          There is a young guy in my area that is trying to learn to carve walking sticks so i thought i would carve one and see if this would help him.I just wish i would of had someone to help with hands on when i got started.I carved this stick out of black birch i love the pattern in the wood the stick is about 5"feet tall.
                          MAN THAT CAN UPLOAD FIVE PHOTOS WITH DIAL UP CAN DO ANYTHING !!!!YES. Enjoy
                          Vic.
                          Vic never seen Black Birch before, looks great and you carving is wonderful!

Comment

Wow! That's a fantastic wood spirit stick you have there. You did a great job with the expression in the eyes and the depth of the carving in the side view is wonderful.

Comment

Great Stick. Good depth on the face

Comment

You know the young guy that i was wanting to help around again never did. I was hoping to make a friend and someone to carve with.There just to much for the young to do and get into.Thats why i enjoy carving its a slow paced hobby.I pray you all have a great Christmas this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X