walking sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walking sticks

I have not posted any pictures in a long time so I took a few today a decided to share them

Re: walking sticks

Hi Dave, it looks like you have been busy making Sticks. I like them all, good detailing. Merle

Comment

Hi Dave, Like the look of them, especially how you can change the 'theme' by changing the hat. It makes them saleable in a wider market. On the painted ones... are they part of one stick or are they added to the stick like a topper? On the unpainted one... did you paint the stick before carving the face or is that natural bark?

Comment

Thanks Merle
        Waitpinga The tops are basswood the sticks are dead fall eastern red cedar, on the wood spirit it is maple with the bark I did add a little stain to some howards feed and wax to high light the details a little

Comment

Very nice Dave, we like your style of carving! like all of them, the fireman really stands out! Thanks for sharing!

Dorothy & Art

Comment

I like your work alot. Nice job and thank you for sharing with us. Paul

Comment

Nice Sticks Dave!

Comment

thanks for the kind comments

Comment

I really like how you've gotten the beards to look so natural! Great 'hair' work! I like the way you got the basswood to match the sticks in color. Very nice.

Comment

Nice walking sticks Dave and I really like your logo also. The fireman is real interesting. Was it made for a fireman customer? Are hiking sticks popular in your area? I made a few this Winter to dabble with something new, but people in my area don't seem to interested in them. Maybe it's because of the flatland prairies and no one goes hiking in cow pastures? Keep up the good work....

Comment

mojavezig-the fireman was is the first fireman i made, i done it because a friend said i should do one of a fireman, he's for who ever wants to buy him and give him a home. i sell about 24 of these sticks a year here in my area and about 24 - 30 of the wood spirit sticks i do 3-4 art -craft shows a year

Comment

You have a nice style, those look great!

Comment

Dave your projects are fantastic,it's amazing how you can change yourcarvings from one character to another,thanks for sharing with us.
                          Oscar

Comment

Working...
                          X