Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    A person has to go with their gut feeling, we each have different experiences

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Joe, if you are Comfortable wearing Gloves while Power Carving by all means wear them . What I'm saying it is a Bad Practice and would not recommend to any Power Carver to wear them. This is what I've been taught in the Industry and has been my practice . Just my 2 cents input . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Originally posted by Merle Rice View Post
    Hi Joe, No Gloves when Power Carving, better to lose a little Skin than Twisted up Fingers. Merle
    Not talking about cloth-leather is what is needed

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Claude , I hope your right and it finishes up Well. Gloves with Power Carving seems to become an Opinion Maker . None in my little Class. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Should be a nice looking piece when finished. I think all-leather gloves would be good, as the machinery is less likely to grab them than cloth or (worse!!) kevlar...

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Bob , I'm looking forward to see how she will do . She is Particular on her Projects so should be Interesting. Thanks. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Tinwood, Nope no Gloves when operating Machinery . That's a Safety Policy in Factories , to many People get injured by wearing Gloves and Running Machinery . Don't do it, ask Kathy Motels ' I'll bet she doesn't wear Gloves anymore. Thanks Buddy for Commenting . Merle

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Looks like a fun project, Merle. You and your daughter should have a good time together on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    No gloves??? Even leather ones??? Better lay in some bandaides.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Wayne , I feel my Mother is responsible for both Daughters liking Crafts. They were doing Ceramics when they were 10 and 11 yrs, Old. Still have some of those pieces sitting around . Thanks Wayne. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Bob, she has done many different Crafts , Ceramics , Stain Glass , Doll Making , and now Woodcarving. Our first Session lasted 3 hrs. and we were surprised at the Time , it went so fast. She has a lot to Draw from with her Past Experience. It will be a Journey we will both Enjoy. Thanks Bob

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Niki, coming out of Retirement are you ? Your Right , this should be interesting. Maybe like the saying , The Blind Leading The Blind. Ha,Ha. Glad to see your Back, you were Missed. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Terry, We'll see how good of a Teacher she has after the Goose is Finished. Should be a Fun Trip. Thanks Terry. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Randy, The Wood is from a Bunch of Pieces the Son -n -law gave me. Will be interesting to see how the Contrast in Colors stand out. She likes to work with her Hands and should pick it up Quick , she is my Oldest and is 61 yrs. , still my Child though. Thanks Randy. Merle

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Great idea Merle, I wish one of my daughter's would show an interest in woodcarving, but alas no such luck.
    Wayne

Leave a comment:

Working...
X