Take advantage of me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take advantage of me

I keep two buckets by my bandsaw, one catches some dust (not all, ask my wife) and little bits of wood too small to use for anything but fire starters.

The other bucket collects pieces of basswood that still have some life- cuts, corners, odd pieces left over from processing larger chunks or making roughouts. Any piece large enough to make a fridge magnet (the smallest thing I whittle) gets thrown in bucket number two, and I try to look there first when I start a project.

The bucket tends to fill faster than I empty it, largely because I have so much 2" thick basswood sitting in the garage that it is often easier to just go grab a big piece to make smaller ones, and at the moment it is full.

So here's the deal- I'll fill a small flat rate box with an assortment of odds & ends- some half inch, some 1x1, some corners- and send it to anyone who will pay the $7.20 postage. I'm posting to the beginners forum thinking it might be something to encourage a newbie to get going or keep going.

I can do at least three boxes like that. First three to reply here in the thread get the goods.

It is good to see that I'm not the only wood hoarder
    . . .JoeB

Comment

Wood hoarder here too but I have lots of wood so would like to see it go to someone less fortunate than I
      What a kind gesture though.
      Very sweet!

Comment

If no success here, add a cost and go to Ebay.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

I'm not sure it's a good value- 7 bucks for not much wood.

Comment

Why not save up a bigger pile and put a free ad to sell it all. Local of course and then the buyer doesn’t have to pay for shipping. Just an idea.
            Last edited by Spiritwolfe; 12-05-2018, 10:58 AM. Reason: No

Comment

I'll take one box. Thank you! PM me please...

Comment

If it is good quality basswood I suspect it is cheaper than the hobby stores?
                Bill
                Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Working...
                X