No announcement yet.

Carver's Apron?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use one of these in the house, works well. When sitting at a table I I just set the hoop up on the table. Only issue is small chips can come out where the apron folds up but I found a large paper clip at the bottom oif the on each side at the fold takes care of that. https://www.treelineusa.com/catalogs...sult/?q=Aprons

Comment

Hum - shower head is lower than the hair on your head. Chips make you look older and almost white headed! They are "Headed" for bed.

Comment

My 2 cents. I got a cheap brown heavy cotton apron from Amazon for like $10. Works fine but shortly after that I gave up holding my carvings. I bought an Eli Vise after reading an article about the advantages of having both hands on your tool.

Ed
        Living in a pile of chips.
        https://m.facebook.com/CentralNebraskaWoodCarvers

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
          After coming close to bleeding to death from running a knife through my blue jeans I was ordered by the boss to get a leather apron. The first one I purchased up at Smoky Mountain Woodcarvers was a heavy duty leather, had a good clasp, and was long enough to protect my cherished parts. Unfortunately, nothing lasts forever and the straps frayed off. So in one of my cheap skate moments I ordered what I thought to be a really reasonably price leather apron replacement from Amazon. I hate it. It's very thin. The leather is rough so it catches all the chips but makes it impossible to clean off without making a worse mess than if I wasn't wearing one. With my luck I hesitate to buy a canvas apron with a catcher bag for fear of pulling another stupid stunt and ending up in ER. The moral of this story is that in my opinion, whatever you decide to get, make sure that it's good quality finished leather and that the straps aren't a nightmare to adjust every time you put it on.
          41 years ago I went into restaurant management. One of the things we were taught was....if you drop something in the fryer, let it go. Do not reach for it. Somewhere within the company employee did that very thing out of reflex. Fried skin is no fun!! I guess that stuck with me really well, because if I do lose grip on a sharp tool, I left it go where it wants to. Especially after reaching for that drawknife I dropped once!

Comment

One handling sharp objects should always be aware of you arterial locations! Veins are bad enough, but those arteries are.........! Goes without saying dont its! Be safe everyone's!!

Comment

Working...
            X