X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glenn Jennings
    replied
    Hi Ronnfl
    Welcome aboard buddy. If my first carving had been as good as that I would have been very happy. Love the very fine finish you have got on it. Look forward to seeing your work.

There is a wealth of knowledge here ready to help you make the best of your new hobby. If you have any questions just ask and you will get a lot of answers from some very talented guys.

Happy carving!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    Well done!

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Ronnfl
    replied
    Thank you everyone. I appreciate all the kind words. Yes, I will save it to always look back at the first project.

Leave a comment:

• DiLeon
    replied
    Awesome work, like the smooth soft look for the bird.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Nicely done! love the way the grain moves with your shaping.

Leave a comment:

• uvawyo
    replied
    Good job!!!

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    Nice project, welcome to the forum.

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    A "comfort bird." A clear message of wood carving peace.
    Since it's your first, I suggest that you keep this one above your bench.
    No other carving can be #1.
    Welcome, too.

Leave a comment:

• Merle Rice
    replied
    Hi Ronnfl, off to a Great start . This being your first Carving, keep it so you can compare your Progress in the Future . You chose a Fun Hobby , hope you stay with it and Enjoy your Stay . Merle

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    It is only appropriate, a comfort bird for you first carve, & it was. Welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    Very nice little bird, especially for a first carving! Extra nice that you enjoyed your first attempt!

Leave a comment:

• NoDNA
    replied
    Ronnfl, That is a great First!! Thank you for sharing and just keep up this type of project and you will be pleased on what you can accomplish. And you are doing one of my favorites too.
    Ch 12-IMG_0008-010.JPG uck

Leave a comment:

• Ronnfl
    started a topic First Carving

First Carving

Hello. I’m new to carving. I was looking for a relaxing hobby and I think I found it. I like it so far. My goal is to keep doing this into retirement in a few years. Here is my first attempt.

I enjoy the forum and I am really impressed by the advice and photos of carvings everyone posts.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
Working...
X