Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safety Question: Who makes the largest size carving gloves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Aviator
    replied
    Thank you all. I ordered from the Carving Glove Guy and it's interesting that his sizing indicates an XL glove will fit but he has an XXL if I need to swap. Bob

Leave a comment:

• tbox61
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Aviator View Post
    A string wrapped around my hand at the knuckles measures 10 1/2" when placed on a ruler. I ordered extra-large kevlar carving gloves from Schaaf but, although my hands will fit into the gloves, they are constrictive and the web of the fingers are too short, meaning I am fighting the glove to grasp the wood; after a while my hands get tired. When I wear the other glove on my carving hand I have sometimes dropped the knife. I will call Schaaf to ask if they make an XX-Large but if they do not, does anyone know another company that makes gloves that might be larger? Thanks. Bob
    I have big hands and I got mine from The Carving Glove Guy...www.thecarvinggloveguy.com.

Great person to deal with...he also has a huge selection of Dockyard tools as well.

Leave a comment:

• Nebraska
    replied
    I found this on eBay
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Leave a comment:

• Claude
    replied
    When the snow and ice go away, drive over to Richmond to the Woodcraft store https://www.woodcraft.com/stores/richmond and try on some different gloves. This one might fit: https://www.woodcraft.com/products/s...ove-large-9-11

Claude

Leave a comment:

• Safety Question: Who makes the largest size carving gloves?

A string wrapped around my hand at the knuckles measures 10 1/2" when placed on a ruler. I ordered extra-large kevlar carving gloves from Schaaf but, although my hands will fit into the gloves, they are constrictive and the web of the fingers are too short, meaning I am fighting the glove to grasp the wood; after a while my hands get tired. When I wear the other glove on my carving hand I have sometimes dropped the knife. I will call Schaaf to ask if they make an XX-Large but if they do not, does anyone know another company that makes gloves that might be larger? Thanks. Bob
Working...
X