tool tote

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool tote

looking for a carvers tool tote like this https://www.pinterest.com/pin/308848486919491265/ I don't want to make one but if someone had plans I might I would rather just buy one, I would even take a used one if someone ghas one hanging around I really gotta get organized or my wife is gong to take a snow shovel to my stuff and zip it will be gone,

p.s. refrain from pm unless you have to its one more thing to check andd often a repeat so whatever my email is rick@meiresonne.net if you prefer. thanks

Comment

Hide the shovel. Start wth a beat up Samsonite briefcase. Maybe 2 of them. Build the inserts with a glue gun.
      Fake the whole thing with cardboard to get to see what it would work like.

I have 3 canvas gouge rolls made from my old blue jeans. Takes 1.5 legs each. Major tool box holds those.
      I built a wooden box and inserts to hold some sharpening stuff and maybe 15? crooked knives and a couple of adzes.
      I need another box for all the others.
      I bought an antique box to hold my planer knives, draw knife, some spoke shaves and other stuff.

NEW PICTURES 007.JPG
      Brian T

Comment

thats a good thought

Comment

This is one I want to build for myself. Really like the concept carrying tools on the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9goYA5cd2U
          Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Rickm, the tool tote you are looking for is sold at http://www.woodcarverstooltote.com. Been thinking about one for awhile now.

Comment

My tool box in P#3 is 2 pieces of 1/8" mahogany "door skin" and the 4 sides of 1 x 6 x 1/2" " poplar drawer side.
              No fancy corners. Made a square of drawer side and faced it with the door skin.
              Next, I ran it through the table saw to cut it in half. Added hinges and some latches and some brass side chains.
              The carry is a loop of some 5/8" nylon rope that I spliced back into itself.
              All the supports inside are mounted with a glue gun. The blue foam pieces work well but keep falling apart.

That's about half the tools. 3 more adzes and 8(?) more crooked knives and other stuff.

OK for storage but really poor for travel and the tools come loose.

Brian T

Comment

I went a different route...I bought a Plano 758, 4 drawer tackle box for my tools. I can get all of my tools in, my carving apron, and associated stuff in one place.

It is $45.00 here on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Plano-758-4-D.../dp/B000E39T28

I bought mine at Cabela's and they matched the on-line price from Sportsman's Warehouse. Worth the $49.00 I paid.

Comment

bell thats one i have been eyeing but he doesn't make the any more im looking for one ikr that but can't find anyone making them yet they are popular

Comment

t box is that big enough and deeo enough for like gouge etc it looks like it has promise but im thinking a bigger one if they make one bigger

Comment

Rick: if you go the tackle-box direction, they hold all kinds of stuff.
                      I suggest that you buy 2 or even 3 boxes to sort out the daily users from the rarely used.
                      My denim gouge tool rolls all look a little different for big, little and rare tools.
                      Brian T

Comment

Originally posted by rickm View Post
                        t box is that big enough and deeo enough for like gouge etc it looks like it has promise but im thinking a bigger one if they make one bigger
                        The only thing it will not hold are the really long handled Henry Taylor V-tool I have and a Sculpture House Long bent gouge. The drawers are set up to hold the long handled OCC Tools gouges easily. I have those 2 tools in a long compartment at the front of the top drawer.

The top holds my FlexCut sets, carving apron, business cards, gloves, etc. I lined all of the compartments with tool box liner from Lowes.

You might go take a look at one...it is really, really handy. The only knock on it is that it is heavy with all of my tools. I have a smaller bag I will use for vacations or an evening club meeting when I just take a couple of tools.

As far as organization goes, you can't beat this one!

Comment

Working...
                        X