Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have a suggestion for a Freeware Pattern Maker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loftyhermes
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    Steev, can this be used to import a scanned pattern and enlarge it?
    Short answer is, yes.

Leave a comment:

• Steev
    replied
    Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
    I haven't spent much time with it,I just saw the measure function this morning when I was looking into what it can do. It does seem to have a transform menu with scaling as one of the options.

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Steev
    replied
    A bit late to the party, but inkscape has a measure function with a simple drop-down in the menu to select units. It is free, at least in Linux, haven't checked for Windows.
    https://inkscape.org/release/0.92.3/windows/

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Originally posted by squbrigg View Post
    A few years ago when I was writing for a local newspaper, they hooked me up with a free writing/office program called "Open Office", check it out, has everything that Microsoft Office programs have.

Bob
    Yep, and still around. The reason I suggested it is that is by far the best free program out there...plus the entire suite, which replaces MS Office, Excell, Data Base, etc.. When MS Word started charging a lot, I went with the alternative...maybe in the '90s? It is the "workhorse" I use for most of my writing. Scrivener is best for writing books and stuff, although I have written a few in OO.

Free is good.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    A few years ago when I was writing for a local newspaper, they hooked me up with a free writing/office program called "Open Office", check it out, has everything that Microsoft Office programs have.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Glad it worked for you Eddie...always nice to help when it turns out good.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by sappy View Post
    I use LibreOffice. It's free, and does everything ms office does, looks just like it too. They have versions for MS, I however don't run MS.
    Thanks Sappy. I'll keep it in mind if my current subscription to MS Office ever goes on the blink!

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
    Woodburner.... You're a genius! Looking for that little icon is like looking for the fox in Woodcarving Illustrated. Thank you very , very, much!

Leave a comment:

• sappy
    replied
    I use LibreOffice. It's free, and does everything ms office does, looks just like it too. They have versions for MS, I however don't run MS.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Try this Eddy: http://forums.scribus.net/index.php?topic=223.0

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    It was just a guess on my part but most programs are "versatile." I tried Scribus but my Open Office, Page Plus (paid) and Scrivener (paid) were a lot better. My writing Forums had a lot of people using LibreOffice but I didn't like it either. Guess we all have to adapt to the program that fits our brains the best.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
    GIMP is free but has a rather steep learning curve. BTW, the default of a program might be "points," but that is usually changeable in settings/preferences.
    Woodburner,,,, If inches is an available option then it sure as heck is hidden, If anyone decides to use Scibus and finds that option I'd be happy to hear about it.

Leave a comment:

• Eddy-Smiles
    replied
    Originally posted by Daroc View Post
    Hi,
    If it's graphics - inkscape is free vector program great for designs. It uses .svg files.
    Thanks Daroc! I'll check it out.

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    GIMP is free but has a rather steep learning curve. BTW, the default of a program might be "points," but that is usually changeable in settings/preferences.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X