Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Randy, I'm wondering how the wire would attach to that "RT Bushing w/ out tip". Has anyone here ever done this sort of thing?

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Thanks, Bruce & Randy, If there is any doubt that this is a great website, this should put that to rest.

Leave a comment:

• squbrigg
    replied
    Innovative, sure does make an interesting pattern. Thanks for the tip.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Bob K.
    replied
    Good "tip", Randy (excuse the pun). Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    I think this would be useful, but I don't know how I would make it for my Colewood burner ? ? ?
    Joe, I was looking a colewood tips last night. That is what I use. They offer one of the replaceable tops without a tip for make your own tip. They also sell a tip the call “basket Weave tip” It is a coiled wire tip I had not seen before.

Leave a comment:

• scotia carver
    replied
    Originally posted by joepaulbutler View Post
    I think this would be useful, but I don't know how I would make it for my Colewood burner ? ? ?
    Hi Joe
    You could get a adapter(RCA male to male) for your colwood cord that will let you a razortip pen that has interchangeable tips,
    Bruce

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Twisted nichrome wire...or maybe it is sold that way? I've seen all kinds of pyrography tips and never saw anything like that...but you could make your own?

Leave a comment:

• joepaulbutler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• woodburner807
    replied
    Well Randy never saw that before...thanks for the post. My mind has to digest the various uses for it. Many I am sure. Very, Very interesting. I am very familiar with pyrography and have a long history, but that is a new one.

Again, thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Randy
    started a topic Twisted wire wood burning tip.

Twisted wire wood burning tip.

I saw this on a UK site devoted to sick making. It was posted by a carver and stick maker know as the “Stick Man” I had not seen the use of a twisted wire in a wood burning tip. He uses it in doing feathers. I thought it was worth sharing.
    PH1.jpg
Working...
X