"Bench Caddy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Randy View Post
    I wanted to combined palm tools and my knives in one space with easy access to both. This is the bench caddy I came up with.

IMG_1047 (2).jpg
    Randy... That would be perfect for me if I just had more work and storage space. Nice job!

Comment

Eddy---I do not know if you have seen this you tube. I have thought of using the way the palm tools and knives are stored in a wall unit that would open and close to save surface space on the bench top. I just have been too lazy to do it. I do not know if it would work for you. It does make a nice setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9goYA5cd2U
      Last edited by Randy; 07-04-2019, 05:25 PM.
      Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
        Eddy---I do not know if you have seen this you tube. I have thought of using the way the palm tools and knives are stored in a wall unit that would open and close to save surface space on the bench top. I just have been too lazy to do it. I do not know if it would work for you. It does make a nice setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9goYA5cd2U
        Randy... That certainly is one fine tool box. I started out with a wood tool box myself many years ago, purchased at the Maryville, TN Hooby Lobby but like his fishing tackle box it soon became too small for my needs. I'm sad to say that the biggest limitation to my imagination is weight. I'd need a six-wheeler to haul his box around. My size criteria now is that it has to be able to fit on my rolling walker if I head out somewhere like a club carving session. Otherwise my tools stay in or on my work bench. Thanks for the post!

Comment

Eddy I miss understood. I also need a small travel kit for club meetings and trips. I do not know if this is what you are looking for. I got the box at Harbor Freight. It is 11 ½” long 7 ½ “wide and 4 ½” deep. I am in the process of setting it up. you can see the layout I think I am going with.
          B6.jpgB2.jpgB1.jpg
          Randy

WE LIVE IN THE LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE!

Comment

[QUOTE=Randy;n1159190]Eddy I miss understood. I also need a small travel kit for club meetings and trips. I do not know if this is what you are looking for. I got the box at Harbor Freight. It is 11 ½” long 7 ½ “wide and 4 ½” deep. I am in the process of setting it up. you can see the layout I think I am going with.

Randy... I like it, especially your idea for compartmentalizing the case. I purchased one of these from Harbor Freight years ago when I first got into carving. It eventually got too small to hold "everything I thought I needed" so I re-purposed it as a case for my water colors and associated art supplies. I eventually passed it on to a grand-daughter who is three times the artist that I ever was.

Comment

Working...
            X