No announcement yet.

"Bench Caddy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are way too organized for me. When I'm carving it looks like a tornado hit a pig sty...It's a good thing I have a five foot long bench with a built-in back shelf to work on, because I'm all over it.
    Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur C. View Post
      You guys are way too organized for me. When I'm carving it looks like a tornado hit a pig sty...It's a good thing I have a five foot long bench with a built-in back shelf to work on, because I'm all over it.
      Arthur... You just described my carving practices to a "T"! That's the reason I finally got around to making the bench caddy. Occasionally I have the gift to realize that sooner or later, what I'm doing is going to hurt! Too many stitches and holes in shirts and pants from misplaced tools!

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post

Arthur... You just described my carving practices to a "T"! That's the reason I finally got around to making the bench caddy. Occasionally I have the gift to realize that sooner or later, what I'm doing is going to hurt! Too many stitches and holes in shirts and pants from misplaced tools!
        Hmmm...good point Eddy...Guess I'll have to try to clean up (literally) my act!
        Arthur

Comment

arthur you and me

Comment

AH, you guys, I have solve the problem, My bench is built on a 45 Deg angle that way every thing, I put down hits the floor and I have to pick it up and put it away..JUST saying.
            Chuck
            Always hoping for a nice slice that won't need sanding!

https://mewe.com/profile/5d6f213642db757a5dfb3223

Comment

Originally posted by NoDNA View Post
              AH, you guys, I have solve the problem, My bench is built on a 45 Deg angle that way every thing, I put down hits the floor and I have to pick it up and put it away..JUST saying.
              57c642d38137e55633b0e5e2ed111f04.png

Comment

the problem for me is that when im carving i use maybe tw knives a tool and a gouge of some sort and all the rest of the tools get in the way. t be honest if you were being efficient you would carry only what you need, if that makes sense there is no need to carry eleven or 20 gouges and knives along if your only using three. I know well i might need, you might but if you have to carry maybe along you would pack up every tool you own every time you carve-not efficient, now if your doing shows or visiting your club thats different but of all the tools we schlep along how many do we actually end up using?

Comment

Working...
                X