X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    I use a heavy leather glove when power carving, but I know what you're saying, Just going to do a little grinding....ouch. You sure get to the point of taking the carving glove off and putting the leather one on.

Leave a comment:

• Mottles
    replied
    Hi Folks, never wear a carving glove while you are power carving. I speak from a painful experience and a trip to the ER. Carving between using my knife and power carver I didn't remove my carving glove and grabbed my power carver. Began carving and rounded over the edge of my carving and right into my glove. The burr grabbed my index finger and gave it a twist broke the finger. It happened so fast...painful lesson learned and expensive!!!! I think I'm a careful carver but not this time.
    Last edited by Mottles; 12-01-2016, 11:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Donna_T
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, Larry, it is beginning to feel a bit like the good old days on the forum. Where we helped each other and had some silliness to boot. Just wish more folks would sign up and participate. Donna_T

• joepaulbutler
    replied
    Exactly........................................... .............

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    saburr.jpgThis are saburr carving cup bits about 3 inches wide, my favorite power carving rough out tool bit,.... the thing bad those cups points are sharp and don't take your glove off for a second...which I did after changing a bit. But did not put the glove back on...... Got two fingers cut...what a mess! Blood everywhere and me cursing....wrapped them up and jammed the glove back on. Wear the glove, the leather protects you from dressing a wound for a week or longer.

Leave a comment:

• Magicman
    replied
    The thing I like about this post is, It feels like the Forum is really back like it used to be. There are more replies in this one post then we used to get in a week of looking. It sure is nice to see all the members coming back and chiming in with their opinions. I really missed it.
    Larry

Leave a comment:

• Arthur C.
    replied
    Originally posted by Dileon View Post
    Do not throw your chisel at some one trying to kill a Pokeman in your yard, although it may be thought!
    Good advice, Dileon. You could damage a fine tool that way.

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied
    "Don't carve and look for Pokemons at the same time"
    It is a problem here, the people who do this,... do not watch where they are walking, what they are doing ... nor do they care. I had someone run in front of my car, man head down looking at the phone trying to kill a Pokemon, thank goodness I had great brakes .I live in the country and major fenced and gated,some idiot climb the fence and into the yard and reported that I had few Pokemon that he wanted to capture. That is until he saw the big banana cutting machete in my hands, ready to use.... I am know he ran faster then a Pokemon.. Two guys in the UK that fell off a cliff trying to get Pokemons......I honestly think people have lost their minds these days.

Leave a comment:

• Soggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Dileon View Post
    Do not throw your chisel at some one trying to kill a Pokeman in your yard, although it may be thought!
    Good idea Dileon...how about ......"Don't carve and look for Pokemons at the same time"...

Leave a comment:

• Tinwood
    replied
    Yep, still a few loose spokes rolling down the road of life. God love 'em.

Tinwood

Leave a comment:

• Dileon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brian T
    replied
    Re: Some Basic Carving Safety

The United States Armed Forces has quite a sample size of people whenever they decide to do an experiment.

Question: How long is the accurate attention span?
    Answer: 45 - 50 minutes.
    Question: \"Take a Break.\" For how long?
    Answer: 10 minutes, _away_ from the task.

Sample size: 20,000 people. They did more but with no significant change in the answers.
    = = =
    Because of the high risk of injury, not to say that it must happen,
    I do like carvereric.

Leave a comment:

• Carver Eric
    replied

Some absolutely wonderful comments. I find that if I get up from carving say after about an hour and just go do something, trip to the fridge or mailbox gives me a little enough break to comeback refreshed.

Leave a comment:

• honketyhank
    replied

I can honestly say that since I quit drinking, I have not suffered any really GOOD cuts.

Leave a comment:

• Steev
    replied

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post
    Just to go off subject for one second..... Is anyone else getting a white screen when they try to go to \\\"Today\\\'s s\\\" or \\\"New s?\\\"
    Yes, it is a problem with the search function. There are a number of posts about.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X