No announcement yet.

A way to do the eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine were done one at a time and figure that was because if one is goofed up, you still have another? I had mine done via the VA. BTW both surgeries were fine. Yes, both were done such that I do use "reader" glasses for both.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

I wasn't given an option
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Just had eye #2 done today. Very pleased with the first. Went with the far vision option, and just picked up a pair of off-the-shelf readers, which are working fine with the one eye that's back to more or less normal. Very pleased so far.
        Arthur

Comment

Originally posted by woodburner807 View Post
          Mine were done one at a time and figure that was because if one is goofed up, you still have another? I had mine done via the VA. BTW both surgeries were fine. Yes, both were done such that I do use "reader" glasses for both.
          Bill, my doc told me that in the U.S. they aren't allowed to do both eyes at the same time. It would be hard to function during healing with both of them out of focus at the same time anyway.
          Arthur

Comment

Glad it worked so well, Arthur. I use Dollar Store readers but bought some #4's online for close up carving work. No need for auxiliary magnification.

Thanks for the clarification on not doing two at a time...makes sense.

Enjoy your new vision, and welcome to the club!!
            Bill
            Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

I advise one at a time. Two reasons - One stays good if there is a goof up. Total blind (gauge) if done twice.

Comment

Randy, great idea, great to be able to get them symmetrical.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I got them at Ace hardware. I also have gotten them on amazon. Look under ( brass tube hobby ) they have assorted Metal Tubing of Copper and Brass packs for under $10. I use 1/8th inch and 1/4 and 5/16 most of the time.
                  Randy... The ones you purchased at Ace...... On line or in the store?

Comment

Originally posted by Eddy-Smiles View Post

Randy... The ones you purchased at Ace...... On line or in the store?
                    I got them at Ace Eddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post

I got them at Ace Eddy.
                      Thanks Randy!

Comment

Working...
                      X