Carving the Female Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carving the Female Face

Came across this tutorial in 2 parts on YouTube. Eyes, nose, lips, all in easy to follow instructions.
    The tutorial is called: "Carving the Female Face on Practice Stick 1" and continued on 2.
    Helpful for any type of face, but particularly good for female faces.

Is that the one Scott has done? Is there a link?
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Thanks Sammy, this looks interesting!

Bill, I think I found the correct YouTube link. Sammy is this the one?

https://youtu.be/QmYAGyaCTHU

Comment

Thanks, Mike and that is the one I saw... a big help.
        Bill
        Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

Sorry, just got back on here. Yes, that is the video I watched. There are so few good tutorials on carving a female face available. Janet Cordell and her sister Adina Huckins are two of the very best instructors in America on carving female faces. If you ever get a chance to take one of their classes, be sure to do so. Worth every penny. I wish they would put out a how-to book!

Comment

Sammy66 Janet Cordell and her sister Adina Huckins are two of the very best instructors in America on carving female faces. If you ever get a chance to take one of their classes, be sure to do so. Worth every penny. I wish they would put out a how-to book![/QUOTE]

I agree, if I lived near them I would, I want a video tutorial of their doll making from block to finish.

Shawna

Comment

One of the fascinating things about Janet's carving (even on the smallest faces) is the size of tools she uses. She utilizes a #9 or #10 gouge with a 3 sweep. I can't do that! None of my faces would have lips or noses. Janet has a site where she details how she carves Hitties. I sure wish she would put out a tutorial book on the female face. It would be a massive seller I believe.

Comment

One other thing. Janets fingers are terribly twisted from arthritis and yet she is able to produce this amazing detail. She has been carving since she was 5. Adina is every bit as talented as Janet, and they had another sister who was even better than other them, but she tragically ended her life some years back. The Denton family history is an incredible story.

Comment

Janet has a website at: www.JanetCordell.com If you click on the far right "More" tab, a drop down box with Seminars comes up and you can find out where she is holding her next classes.

Comment

Working...
                  X