Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watco Finishing Wax

Hello All,
    I like to use Floyd Rhadigan's technique (http://www.fantasycarving.com/painting_tips.html) for finishing which uses a mix of Watco Satin Finsihing wax Natural and Dark.
    I have not been able to find the Dark -- does Watco still make it?

Thank you

The Dark i what use and bought 4 Cans years ago because I heard they Stopped making the Dark Wax . I have about 1 1/2 Cans left hope that will last me till I'm done Carving. I don't think they make it any more. Merle

Comment

Rust-Oleum/Watco 66941 Dark Satin Finishing Wax, One Quart

from Amazon, enjoy
      . . .JoeB

Comment

Thank Merle and Joe.
        Joe -- I am not able to find the Dark on Amazon (cut and pasted from your note to search bar) can only find natural (Dark shows as unavailable).
        I have emailed Rustoleum / Watco directly -- will post response

Thank you

Comment

Response from Rustoleum :
          Hi Christopher,

Thank you for contacting Rust-Oleum Product Support.

Unfortunately, this product has been discontinued. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Gina

Comment

Looks like you'll be mixing some dark oil paints with your natural wax, should work just fine
            . . .JoeB

Comment

If this wax is different, please tell me the difference. I am trying to learn. Thank you. https://www.amazon.com/Minwax-786004.../dp/B00164QJJ0

Comment

It is a paste and the other is a liquid. I've never used it, but I'm sure it will work OK. You will have to buff it with a brush after it drys
                . . .JoeB

Comment

Thank you, Joe. Your reply made me go do some reading. The only "liquid" wax I have ever used is butcher wax for floors. There are several brands of liquid wax though, and some do come in colors.

Comment

I've been searching for the watco dark wax too. Has anyone found a good substitute?

Comment

I too, have been looking for the dark Watco Satin Wax. No luck. Now looking for a substitute. How would Burnt Sienna oil paint mixed with Watco natural work? If anyone has a recommendation, please post. I want it for antiquing purposes. Thanks for future responses.

Comment

Working...
                      X