Antiquing.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David H View Post
    Doug Outside changed the name of his You Tube channel to his actual name Doug Linker.
    Thanks and always learning something. He had an entire YouTube broadcast about not changing his name, a while back.

Thanks again.
    Bill
    Living among knives and fire.

http://www.westernwoodartist.com

Comment

The problem with the antiquing solution from folkart is amplified on white.Nobody likes a dirty snowman -i have also dipped carvings in minwax golden oak stain with better results but may try the Shipley mix as well -thx for the nice comments folks
      -the name change is just to my real name as the more I carve the more comments come that “oh,it looks like Doug is inside again” and it drove me nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Linker View Post
        The problem with the antiquing solution from folkart is amplified on white.Nobody likes a dirty snowman -i have also dipped carvings in minwax golden oak stain with better results but may try the Shipley mix as well -thx for the nice comments folks
        -the name change is just to my real name as the more I carve the more comments come that “oh,it looks like Doug is inside again” and it drove me nuts
        Great to have you on the Forum!! On an outdoor note...I loved your video on vapor barrier socks for cold temps! I am going to have to try it next fall on my whitetail hunting expeditions!

I have been using the Shipley mixture for 20 years, and the only issue I have with it is that it really amplifies where a person misses with the paint brush! I am going to try your method, and then a dip in the BLO mixture as a preservative...the BLO really keeps the dust off of the carvings!

Comment

Originally posted by Linker View Post
          The problem with the antiquing solution from folkart is amplified on white.Nobody likes a dirty snowman -Yi have also dipped carvings in minwax golden oak stain with better results but may try the Shipley mix as well -thx for the nice comments folks
          Yes antique of any kind will darken or dirty color the paint job....which is resolved by dry brushing high lights and pure color after you antique job is dry. This how professional staining is done with high-cost ceramics, and it works on wood.

Comment

Reserve a space on a shelf in my living room. One summer with the windows open (pollen & rock dust) and your carving
            will look as old as you like. The shelves in the dining room cabinets are the primo worst.
            Brian T

Comment

thanks Doug for clearing up the question of the day. good to see you here on the forum.!
              Denny

photos at........ http://wiscoden.jimdo.com/

Comment

Working...
              X